Frankinputer

SuperShermanTanker

Introducing frankinputer that exists for no exact reason other then for me just to have somthing to do its a combination of 3 very old aincient computers from 2000 its got a 2.4ghz pentium 4, 3gb of ddr ram, and a 200gb motherboard somehow supports SATA hard drive I also tossed in a floppy drive, 2dvd drives (one with light scribe) and a old 20gb western digitial drive in there too, I'm currently installing ubuntu 14.04 32 bit on it because free and it boots so once linux is installed I'll update the post on how it runs

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

...well then.

Be interesting to see the performance on this thing. :P

Pretty sure Ubuntu wont even be able to use a Floppy Drive.

Spoiler

My system specs: Intel Core i5 8600K (5ghz Overclocked) CPU - ASUS Strix Z370-I Motherboard - Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition GPU 

Corsair H55 Water Cooler - 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM

"People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do" - Steve Jobs, 1955-2011.

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

200gb motherboard?

...I didn't even see that. xD

Spoiler

My system specs: Intel Core i5 8600K (5ghz Overclocked) CPU - ASUS Strix Z370-I Motherboard - Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition GPU 

Corsair H55 Water Cooler - 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM

"People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do" - Steve Jobs, 1955-2011.

ah, old cases... :D Gotta love those super conveniently placed USB ports xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

31 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

200gb motherboard?

30 minutes ago, robotprobot said:

...I didn't even see that. xD

the sata hard drive is 200gb I'm just supprised the motherboard even has sata

Well it runs linux and its very laggy I think its the aincient graphics card I'm going to try Zorin OS Lite to see if that works better. Anyways heres the peacekeeper browser benchmark usinng ubuntu 32bit on frankinputer:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Have you ever looked into DSL?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Have you ever looked into DSL?

Not really I got Zorin OS Lite running on it right now and it seems actually pretty snappy browsing the web I'm actually posting this from the frankinputer right now

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

now heres the peacekeeper benchmark results of frankinputer running Zorin OS Lite 

hm.. it does less but it does it faster :P

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

hm.. it does less but it does it faster :P

yay for lighter operating system and really aincient, hot and powerhungry pentium 4