Tested: Mechanical Keyboards

Okjoek

I'm a fan of MythBusters (Loved the final season!) and I keep a subscription to the Youtube Channel they are featured on "Tested" and I saw the channel made a sort of tutorial or just general discussion about Mechanical Keyboards.

I personally use this mechanical keyboard and I love it:

http://www.amazon.com/EagleTec-KG010-Industrial-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B015MPQQ0A?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

It's out of stock, but here's a different color version that is in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/EagleTec-KG011-Industrial-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B015MQH59A/ref=pd_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51XV-5ORWWL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0ZASA0C9BM1PFEX32K6Y

I would like to make a video review on it at some point, but in general at this price the quality of the keyboard is just insane from a person who has never used a mechanical keyboard before. I love shopping cheap and this utilitarian industrial keyboard really fills all needs I could ever have. I like the sort of brushed aluminum look to it. It's much heavier than my membrane keyboard so it definitely feel sturdy.

Tested is run by Adam Savage. I've been a long time subscriber of the channel, found out about it after the whole cannon misfire incident and I went looking for Adam. 

3 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Tested is run by Adam Savage. I've been a long time subscriber of the channel, found out about it after the whole cannon misfire incident and I went looking for Adam. 

I've watched them casually for a long time including back then and I remember when that story was going on, but I didn't become a full on fan until probably their second or third to last season.

I heard they're looking for new myth busters to take up the job to continue it so I'll go into it with an open mind and I hope they get some really good people.

The only thing I think of when I hear about his channel now:

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

12 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

What happened to him?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

6 minutes ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

What happened to him?

A number of years ago the build team of Mythbusters was testing a myth about cannons and they had a misfire. It ricochet off the hill that was designed to act as a backstop and flew into a residential neighborhood nearby. Nobody was injured or killed, but there was property damage like a hole in a roof and in a car. Supposedly they increased their safety measures permanently after the event which is a positive outcome.

I have a large swath of mechanical KB right now.  Wife says I have a problem.  4 IBM Model Ms, and another on the way I just found cheap.  The first Razer mech kb made, really one of the first retail ones that came out back in the late 2000s, and I posted on a couple sites back then that IMO there would be a swath of makers building them, and in 5 years pretty much everyone would be running mechs.  Partly came to fruition at least.

I've tried most of the major manufacturers boards, right now I'm using a Ducky Shine 5, but will probably go back to a Filco with cherry Blue switches at some point again as my primary KB. 

I saw the tested video too, the only thing I really got out of it myself was the mech key tester, and found one and ordered it myself, so that made watching the whole video worthwhile, hah.