Recommended Future Mods

So I have done a small amount of modding to my setup by just putting some LED's around my desk and inside of my case but I want to do more with it. 

I have a Corsair Air 540 case and an EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid (though if I can sell it, I will be upgrading to a 1080)

I have posted some pictures of what it looks like right now, and I apologize for the bad picture quality but I can't get very much light in my room no matter the time of day :/ .

And the headphone stand that I have I made out of a old tree that was in my backyard so I don't really want to paint over it or add any more oil to it.

DSCN0900.JPG

DSCN0898.JPG

DSCN0891.JPG

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

2 minutes ago, Bangflop said:

Snip

Okay here is something I'm super curious about when it comes to heavy LED modding. What kind of switch mechanism do you use?

I'm considering doing similar LED modding, but I would want to have two hidden switches where I could choose between blue LED club style lighting and standard bright white light.

TL;DR - How do you turn dem lights on?

1 minute ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

Okay here is something I'm super curious about when it comes to heavy LED modding. What kind of switch mechanism do you use?

I'm considering doing similar LED modding, but I would want to have two hidden switches where I could choose between blue LED club style lighting and standard bright white light.

I have a RGB strip of LED's on the backside of my desk that I got off of amazon and here is a link. Link really long I would also recommend getting some double sided mounting tape because the adhesive on these suck.

As for the LED's in the case, I can't turn them off at all but honestly, I have never found a need to because they turn off when the computer turns off so it's not annoying. As for the adhesive, the ones in my case are really good, I actually tried to pry one side up a couple weeks ago to move it and I honestly thought I was going to bend the metal of the case :)  And here is a link to those. http://www.icemodz.eu/#!/Single-Color-LED-Strip-choose-size-Color-2-Year-Warranty/p/23031229/category=5346676

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

6 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

The forum member (who became a moderator shortly after he helped me) that helped me out with all my LED stuff is W-L. He is generally the go to guy on the forums for most modding and tbh, there is a reason it's that way, he really knows his stuff.

12 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

Just dropping in here and I also did some LED modding. I basicly got a bulky (because it's cool and I would know for sure that it could handle the power) switch from china (can link it if you want) and just threw it inbetween the LED strips and the thing that feeds power to the LEDs (which happends to be my PC's PSU). I drilled a hole in my case, stuck the switch through there and there you have it, your own, homemade LED switch.

Back on topic. I would advise you start with a bit of cablemanagement in the case if that's possible. After that you could maybe spray some parts of the case red to match your LEDs.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build