Graphical Issues in the Latest Update to WoT, I am the Only One!

positivePXL

So, loaded up the new WoT update today, here is the complete detail of my issue: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/499430-game-graphics-failing-and-game-crashing/

The short and sweet: Game graphics are failing, font characters are missing, game crashes when I switch tanks in the garage. 

The problem is, WoT is the only game on my PC that is currently experiencing graphical issues. I reinstalled the WoT game client after I crashed a few times, but it is still borked. I was able to play several hours of Civilization V (had to do something while WoT reinstalled), so I am pretty sure my hardware/drivers aren't the issue, but just to be safe, what are other things I need to look for to determine the source of the issue, and how can I make absolutely certain that my graphics are not the issue?

I believe nvidia just released their game ready driver today or recently at least.  Are you on 368.22?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I believe nvidia just released their game ready driver today or recently at least.  Are you on 368.22?

Currently on a laptop with cpu graphics from an older generation i5. 

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

Currently on a laptop with cpu graphics from an older generation i5. 

oh... do you know if the game officially supports that?  I know they're generally pretty good but still it could be an issue.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh... do you know if the game officially supports that?  I know they're generally pretty good but still it could be an issue.

It's a free to play game, they don't officially support any graphics cards or drivers. It's designed to be playable on the minimum possible hardware.

2 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

It's a free to play game, they don't officially support any graphics cards or drivers. It's designed to be playable on the minimum possible hardware.

I mean they must have at least tested it on some setups and said "yuo it works with X".  Is there a list... at all?

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I mean they must have at least tested it on some setups and said "yuo it works with X".  Is there a list... at all?

Nope, they release the update a few weeks ahead of time for the general population to test the tweaks and changes before they go live on the live servers. Even on the test client though, I wasn't getting these issues. If it were a problem with the update, it would have come through and been reported by one of the 20k people who play are playing the test server at any one time while it's running.

3 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Nope, they release the update a few weeks ahead of time for the general population to test the tweaks and changes before they go live on the live servers. Even on the test client though, I wasn't getting these issues. If it were a problem with the update, it would have come through and been reported by one of the 20k people who play are playing the test server at any one time while it's running.

My only guess would be that it's some bug in the game.  I mean, it's the only thing on your system that's changed, and it's the only thing having issues, right?  Plus, it looks like other people in your other thread are also having issues, even if they're not the same ones.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point other than to wait and maybe file a report with the devs.

WarGaming have added DX11 render path to WoT with this 0.9.15 update

what video card are you on? integrated graphics?

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

WarGaming have added DX11 render path to WoT with this 0.9.15 update

what video card are you on? integrated graphics?

Correct, integrated graphics.

Just now, positivePXL said:

Correct, integrated graphics.

well then, two things you can do

use the launcher to reset the graphic settings, next to "Play" there's a arrow pointing down

ZnIoY1Z.png

2nd thing: use the Intel driver update utility and let it search for newer drivers: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

or download it manually: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?v=t

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

well then, two things you can do

use the launcher to reset the graphic settings, next to "Play" there's a arrow pointing down

-snip-

Yah, already tried that, it just crashed when I loaded into the game afterwords. 

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

Will try that when I get home. 

Yeah WG specifically wrote somewhere on their website to update graphics drivers for 9.15.

While I haven't yet, I'm having no real issues. The only problem is XVM crashing the game on battle exit.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

8 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Yah, already tried that, it just crashed when I loaded into the game afterwords. 

Will try that when I get home. 

3rd thing you can try: start the game in safe mode

looks like WarGaming didn't properly test this update