No Boot :( help pls

ion529
Go to solution Solved by JonaChan,
Just now, ion529 said:

Yes, I had that system running earlier in a case then when I moved them over to the test bench they stopped working

ok, not trying to be your mom or anything, but dont panic. check all the cables, make sure they are plugged in correctly. could you have possibly damaged your components while moving them? Check to make sure your psu is switched on. if necessary, move back into your old case, and see if they still work. 

if you have carpet, although unlikely, they could be damaged through static. maybe you are just missing something with the case. think about the differences between the bench and your case.

dont worry, i know how crappy the feeling is not having it work.

anyway, just to assure you, 99% of your build is probably still working fine, and even if something is broken, its probably just something small judging by the fact that it just worked. triple check everything. there could be a million things causing this.

Right now I'm moving my computer to a homemade test bench. Everything has been going really well until I tried to boot it to see if it works. I have the following installed:

CPU (a10 5800K)

CPU Cooler (Stock AMD)

The cable for the cpu fan is connected to the correct slot as it was working before and I haven't moved it

RAM (8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Crucial)(hasn't been moved since I disassembled PC)

Motherboard has the 24Pin connected and the 8pin cpu connected. that's all I have connected from the PSU

PSU - connected to the wall (Switch is turned on)(Corsair CX430)

The only cables I have connected to the computer are the power cable nothing else is connected.

I don't even want to check that it posts just that the fans are spinning and stuff so I can move on. I'm turning on the PC by shorting out the two power pins using a non magnetic screwdriver. Any help would be appreciated.

Current Build: CPU - AMD 5800K 4.2GHz w/ Stock Cooler :( | Motherboard - ASRock FM82A88 Extreme 4 Plus | Memory - Crucial 8GB Single Stick 1600MHz | GPU - AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB | Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Project: Just let me play Black Ops... PLEASE!!! - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ion529/saved/#view=VKm9TW

are they compatible? 

enter your parts into pcpartpicker.com and it will tell you if they are compatible. is there enough wattage?

Just now, JonaChan said:

are they compatible? 

enter your parts into pcpartpicker.com and it will tell you if they are compatible. is there enough wattage?

Yes, I had that system running earlier in a case then when I moved them over to the test bench they stopped working

Current Build: CPU - AMD 5800K 4.2GHz w/ Stock Cooler :( | Motherboard - ASRock FM82A88 Extreme 4 Plus | Memory - Crucial 8GB Single Stick 1600MHz | GPU - AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB | Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Project: Just let me play Black Ops... PLEASE!!! - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ion529/saved/#view=VKm9TW

Just now, ion529 said:

ok, not trying to be your mom or anything, but dont panic. check all the cables, make sure they are plugged in correctly. could you have possibly damaged your components while moving them? Check to make sure your psu is switched on. if necessary, move back into your old case, and see if they still work. 

if you have carpet, although unlikely, they could be damaged through static. maybe you are just missing something with the case. think about the differences between the bench and your case.

dont worry, i know how crappy the feeling is not having it work.

anyway, just to assure you, 99% of your build is probably still working fine, and even if something is broken, its probably just something small judging by the fact that it just worked. triple check everything. there could be a million things causing this.

Just now, JonaChan said:

are they compatible? 

more info about situation?

Your a fkin legend. Unplugged everything, replugged everything. nothing. did it again. nothing and did it again and it booted

Just now, JonaChan said:

more info about situation?

Just now, ion529 said:

Your a fkin legend. Unplugged everything, replugged everything. nothing. did it again. nothing and did it again and it booted

awesome, glad it worked, rlly happy for you. if i were you i would be more careful when moving back to the tower, so you dont miss anything again.

there could even be a short in a wire, although unlikely. Just be careful, have a great day benchmarking! :)

Just now, JonaChan said:

awesome, glad it worked, rlly happy for you. if i were you i would be more careful when moving back to the tower, so you dont miss anything again.

there could even be a short in a wire, although unlikely. Just be careful, have a great day benchmarking! :)

Yea definitely gonna be more careful after that nearly shit myself xD