Exhaust help

DchromE

Hello all. Fairly new but I've been lurking a while. Used the search before posting this but still can't find answers. I'll be getting the NZXT H440 case soon(bad airflow I know but I really love the case). I want to know which fans should I put on the top for EXHAUST? AF or SP? I'll be using the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2 as my CPU cooler but may upgrade to the Hyper Evo 212. Thought about water cooling but no gaming or overclocking. So should it be SP or AF for the exhaust fans on the top? Thanks.

Static Pressure fans are for things like radiators, heatsinks and HDD racks, wheres Air Flow fans are meant for the case where there is little resistance from a heatsink.

-アパゾ

21 minutes ago, APasz said:

Static Pressure fans are for things like radiators, heatsinks and HDD racks, wheres Air Flow fans are meant for the case where there is little resistance from a heatsink.

So you would recommend AF fans for top exhaust since I'll be using an air cpu cooler?

Why spend more on coolng if you're not oc'ing? Are you not satisfied with your current noise or temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, DchromE said:

So you would recommend AF fans for top exhaust since I'll be using an air cpu cooler?

Basically yeah.

-アパゾ

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why spend more on coolng if you're not oc'ing? Are you not satisfied with your current noise or temps?

No I'm not satisfied with current noise and temps. Which is why I'm getting a new setup.

9 minutes ago, DchromE said:

No I'm not satisfied with current noise and temps. Which is why I'm getting a new setup.

What isn't being cooled well enough? Changing out case fans won't usually make too much of a difference in performance. What's too loud?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

What isn't being cooled well enough? Changing out case fans won't usually make too much of a difference in performance. What's too loud?

Well I've been having the same case for over 6 years. Which is the Cooler Master Storm Scout 1. Has 1 intake fan in the front. I want a new case anyway. It's time for one. Just seems to me overall temps are a little warm for my case, around 45c idle. I want that to be lower. And I just don't like the thought of having 1 intake fan in the front on this case. And I have these stupid Rosewill led fans for intake on the side window. I have a fan controller but don't want side intake fans anymore. Another reason I'm getting a new case. The H440 doesn't come with fans up top so that's why I need to buy some. Just seeing if it would be AF or SP.

51 minutes ago, DchromE said:

Well I've been having the same case for over 6 years. Which is the Cooler Master Storm Scout 1. Has 1 intake fan in the front. I want a new case anyway. It's time for one. Just seems to me overall temps are a little warm for my case, around 45c idle. I want that to be lower. And I just don't like the thought of having 1 intake fan in the front on this case. And I have these stupid Rosewill led fans for intake on the side window. I have a fan controller but don't want side intake fans anymore. Another reason I'm getting a new case. The H440 doesn't come with fans up top so that's why I need to buy some. Just seeing if it would be AF or SP.

What are your load temps? Idle temps don't really matter. 

You don't need to populate every fan slot. The H440 already comes preinstalled with 4 fans.