Best external fan controller?

So i have a h440 and use the 3 included 120mm NZXT FN V2 as my intake on the front of my pc and the rear exhaust is my corsair AF120 but my problem is that the bios for my mobo is not really responsive to changes and the h440 doesnt have any drive bays. DO they make fan controllers that don't use external bays? if there is are there any that will support my fans?

i don't really know if there is a fan controller that doesn't use drive bays. but you can try to use a software to control your fans. speedfan is a free software that gives you full control of your fans (cpu/gpu/system fans). all you need is a 3pin fan and i guess all all of your fans uses 3pins

Why do people pay for physical fan controllers that give you less control than free software like SpeedFan?

3 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Why do people pay for physical fan controllers that give you less control than free software like SpeedFan?

1 hour ago, Remon Salazar said:

i don't really know if there is a fan controller that doesn't use drive bays. but you can try to use a software to control your fans. speedfan is a free software that gives you full control of your fans (cpu/gpu/system fans). all you need is a 3pin fan and i guess all all of your fans uses 3pins

so i forgot to mention why my mobo doesn't change my fan speeds is because the FN V2 does not support my mobo or something 

What mobo do you have?

I'd suggest investing in a newer motherboard with PWM support instead of investing in a fan controller.

1 minute ago, Hunched said:

What mobo do you have?

I'd suggest investing in a newer motherboard with PWM support instead of investing in a fan controller.

but a new mobo is $150... and a fan controller is $40 max

5 minutes ago, Zebo the Zebra said:

but a new mobo is $150... and a fan controller is $40 max

Yeah... I know...

What is your motherboard btw though?

8 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Yeah... I know...

What is your motherboard btw though?

its a gigabyte z97 sli

2 minutes ago, Zebo the Zebra said:

its a gigabyte z97 sli

Not exactly specific...

You sure it doesn't have PWM fan support? It's a Z97, that's pretty recent and modern.

I have an Asus Z97-A, it has PWM fan support.

13 hours ago, Hunched said:

Not exactly specific...

You sure it doesn't have PWM fan support? It's a Z97, that's pretty recent and modern.

I have an Asus Z97-A, it has PWM fan support.

I'm 100% sure and I've tried plugging them in and adjusting the fn n2 and didn't work while the af120 worked or soemthing. And I sent in a ticket and they said there fan headers don't support them but I also like the idea fan controllers cuz newer ones have profile and custom fan curves that aren't on my mobo anyways