Wrist Hurts

theereal

So, beacuse of my frequent computer usage, Ive started having pains In my right wrist whenever I use a mouse for more than 30ish mintues. Im worried this could be carpal tunnel syndrome, as my job requires me to use a computer all day I feel pretty screwed. I ask here beacuse Im sure theres another frequent computer user here that has experienced this. If so, Is there anything I can do about It? Can I get rid of It?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

did you do any heavy lifting recently?  I had the same issue, thinking it was my like, 14 hour a day use of computer, but, no, it wasn't.  i just lifted a few heavy things incorrectly which hurt my wrist.

also, how old are you?  I was like 24 when it happened, so i felt it couldn't be carpal tunnel syndrome.  waited a few days, bought ergo mouse keyboard, and i was good again.  But if your a lot older... i'd seek medical advice from an actual doctor.  

7 minutes ago, never_here said:

did you do any heavy lifting recently?  I had the same issue, thinking it was my like, 14 hour a day use of computer, but, no, it wasn't.  i just lifted a few heavy things incorrectly which hurt my wrist.

also, how old are you?  I was like 24 when it happened, so i felt it couldn't be carpal tunnel syndrome.  waited a few days, bought ergo mouse keyboard, and i was good again.  But if your a lot older... i'd seek medical advice from an actual doctor.  

Im 22, and no I havent done any heavy lifting or something that should have strained my wrist. Maybe I'll use some sick days and stay off the mouse for 2-4 days, If that doesent work Ill maybe have to seek medical attention.