Mirroring a PC display to a Macbook pro

Hello, I'm a photography student using a PC and a macbook pro.

My issue is that the mac is unbelievably underpowered compared to my PC (obviously) yet I have the mac set up for the correct display colour profile.

What I would like to do is, mirror everything on my PC screen to my macbook. This will make Lightroom and Photoshop on my PC, viewed on the macbook pro display.

I've tried remote control programmes yet they will reduce the image quality making it pointless.

Is this possible? 

can't say i've tried to do something like that, but i dont think it is.  However, if you are using adobe programs, something you might know better.... can you open the file on both computers, but have the file saved on a network drive, (or dropbox?) and all changes made are synced to both computers at once, making it visible?

i remember messing around with premiere and stuff a while back, and everything i sourced to premiere, like photos and audio clips, if edits made on photoshop, the photo is auto updated on premiere.  Its really handy, so you dont have to re-source files, or manual update, it just does it.  Hope this may help?

55 minutes ago, never_here said:

can't say i've tried to do something like that, but i dont think it is.  However, if you are using adobe programs, something you might know better.... can you open the file on both computers, but have the file saved on a network drive, (or dropbox?) and all changes made are synced to both computers at once, making it visible?

i remember messing around with premiere and stuff a while back, and everything i sourced to premiere, like photos and audio clips, if edits made on photoshop, the photo is auto updated on premiere.  Its really handy, so you dont have to re-source files, or manual update, it just does it.  Hope this may help?

That is what I've been doing with the use of google drive for now. But, this isn't great.

The files I work with can often rack up to 500mb per .psd. Google drive has to fully upload the file before saving it again.

For example, if I did some edits on the PC, press save and close, come back to it in 2 mins time before its fully uploaded, changed something and press save again, the file gets deleted. 

I have to wait till the file is fully uploaded before I can save the psd which isn't ideal :( 

one thing you can try.... if you have a USB port on your router, you might be able to stick a USB drive into it, and set it up as a network drive, and source your files there.

another thing you could try is Bittorrent Sync., its LIKE google drive, but instead of using their servers to put files on, it uses your local drives.  So, if you save a file on ur PC, the program will know, and make the changes automatically on your MAC.  Why i suggest this, is that its a direct sync from your PC and MAC, unlike google drive, your uploading it to google, and downloading it back.  This goes as fast as your local network speeds can handle.  Just make sure your mac is connected to the same router as your pc, and it should sync at least about 50MB/s.  give or take... depends on your mac probably.  Wifi will be slower.  

https://getsync.com/

I've used it personally for a while, and it was great.  Now i have a NAS,.. so didn't need anymore.  Its free to use, but paying will give you more features.  check it out though at least.  

1 hour ago, never_here said:

one thing you can try.... if you have a USB port on your router, you might be able to stick a USB drive into it, and set it up as a network drive, and source your files there.

another thing you could try is Bittorrent Sync., its LIKE google drive, but instead of using their servers to put files on, it uses your local drives.  So, if you save a file on ur PC, the program will know, and make the changes automatically on your MAC.  Why i suggest this, is that its a direct sync from your PC and MAC, unlike google drive, your uploading it to google, and downloading it back.  This goes as fast as your local network speeds can handle.  Just make sure your mac is connected to the same router as your pc, and it should sync at least about 50MB/s.  give or take... depends on your mac probably.  Wifi will be slower.  

https://getsync.com/

I've used it personally for a while, and it was great.  Now i have a NAS,.. so didn't need anymore.  Its free to use, but paying will give you more features.  check it out though at least.  

If i can't mirror at all, that'll be something to check out. Thanks :)