Need a Audio Setup For Commentary/Let's Plays

TheLazyGrizzly
Go to solution Solved by niksuto,

I created a list of stuff that would work well for you. all the products are on this site, they have great service and only 8 euros shipping cost to Denmark.
http://www.thomann.de
The setup I thought of:
9940562676_58365033fc_n.jpg(do a search for the item codes and add them to your basket)
This should cover everything that you need to start recording good audio.

Hey guys,

My microphone on my ASUS ANC Vulcan recently broke and now i really wanna get a proper microphone to do Commentary/Let's Plays, i want the quality of the sound to be as good as possible for my purpose.

I don't have allot of knowledge about audio, but i know that if i gonna buy XLR microphone then i need a audio interface too. But my budget is something around 250$ including shipping to Denmark would be great.

Hope that some one can help me with this ^_^ 

P.S. Don't commentate on that my headset is bad, i bought it a 8 months ago and regret it a bit now  -_-

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

The Blue Yeti or Snowball is a good choice for youtube commentaries.

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

I created a list of stuff that would work well for you. all the products are on this site, they have great service and only 8 euros shipping cost to Denmark.
http://www.thomann.de
The setup I thought of:
9940562676_58365033fc_n.jpg(do a search for the item codes and add them to your basket)
This should cover everything that you need to start recording good audio.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Also why do you need an XLR mic? Ive the USB version of the AT2020 and it sounds great, you cant do the cool things that are possible with a mixer and stuff but its a lot more convenient, ive done some lets play episodes with it! 

EDIT: Also a pop filter is a great addition and to get the best sound, the mic should be pretty close to your mouth, to elimate keyboard clicks or whatever and to get the nice deep sound of your voice

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Thank you all for your replies, so i think i gonna get the AT2020 as nearly everybody seems to agree its a good microphone.

About the rest of the equipment i dunno what i gonna choose yet both Blue Icircle and the Focusrite 2i2 looks really good, but i don't know if i gonna need the Focusrite 2i2 extra features in my situatuation also the Icircle is a bit cheaper and niksuto's suggestion fits my budget.

Also why do you need an XLR mic? Ive the USB version of the AT2020 and it sounds great, you cant do the cool things that are possible with a mixer and stuff but its a lot more convenient, ive done some lets play episodes with it! 

EDIT: Also a pop filter is a great addition and to get the best sound, the mic should be pretty close to your mouth, to elimate keyboard clicks or whatever and to get the nice deep sound of your voice

Hmm well what i have heard about USB version's is that they have a cheap usb pre-amp built in and when the conversion happens the quality of the sound get worse. But if you use a XLR with a Interface when the conversion happens the quality of the sound does not change. But i'm not sure if it's true  :unsure:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Thank you all for your replies, so i think i gonna get the AT2020 as nearly everybody seems to agree its a good microphone.

About the rest of the equipment i dunno what i gonna choose yet both Blue Icircle and the Focusrite 2i2 looks really good, but i don't know if i gonna need the Focusrite 2i2 extra features in my situatuation also the Icircle is a bit cheaper and niksuto's suggestion fits my budget.

Hmm well what i have heard about USB version's is that they have a cheap usb pre-amp built in and when the conversion happens the quality of the sound get worse. But if you use a XLR with a Interface when the conversion happens the quality of the sound does not change. But i'm not sure if it's true  :unsure:

Well i dno about that, but if you want for audio quality i could run some tests for you if you had any in mind ( ive the USB variant of it )

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Well i dno about that, but if you want for audio quality i could run some tests for you if you had any in mind ( ive the USB variant of it )

Oh no thanks, but thanks for the offer i think i gonna go with the XLR version after i read some more about pre-amp built in the USB version   ^_^