Windows 10 Problems

I am having a problem where nothing happens when I press the search bar, the notifications, and so forth. It started happening at work and I just had to keep using it so if I had to run a program I used "run". I have restarted the computer multiple times and it is still happening. I do have a backup of the system but it is from over a month ago. Thoughts on what to do?

11 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I am having a problem where nothing happens when I press the search bar, the notifications, and so forth. It started happening at work and I just had to keep using it so if I had to run a program I used "run". I have restarted the computer multiple times and it is still happening. I do have a backup of the system but it is from over a month ago. Thoughts on what to do?

I had a similar problem with the start menu and search bar. Drove me nuts, i just reinstalled windows eventually. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

Just now, Pepi28 said:

I had a similar problem with the start menu and search bar. Drove me nuts, i just reinstalled windows eventually. 

That's what I was planning but hoping to avoid

23 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

What you need to try first is an in-place upgrade. Open run, and type in "winver". A box will pop up telling you what your current build is. Download the ISO that matches it, empty it onto a thumb drive, and open the .exe that initializes the upgrade process. Just go through the usual steps as if you were upgrading to a new version of Windows. This won't delete any of your data, and, in the end, it'll be like you have a fresh install of Windows(unless it's a program you installed that's causing your issues).

Do you have a mouse software installed, like Mouse Without Borders or such? Do you have any mouse driver/software installed that isn't Windows generic ones (some have bugs which causes that clicks don't work)? If so, uninstall them.

It was reported that some A/V for some odd reason causes a similar issue.