''Best $7000 WS PC'' Help, Please!  

Hi!I need to choose the best $7000 workstation pc. 
But I have some difficulties. 
I use Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and AutoCAD. I already have 2 PB287Q monitors. 
which one of this configs will perform better?

E5-2697V3 

X99-E WS
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Dark Rock Pro 3
850 Pro SSD 256GB
Quadro K6000 12GB 
HX1000i 
2x WD Red 5TB 
$6,950 on Amazon US
or
5960x 

X99-E WS
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Dark Rock Pro 3
850 Pro SSD 256GB
2x W9100 16GB 
HX1000i 
2x WD Red 5TB 
$6,395 on Amazon US

19 minutes ago, Cleber Sully said:

You aren't going to need a Xeon, and it's really not worth buying the 8 core X99 chips if they're still 1K, because you're basically paying $700 for an i3's worth of performance.

And buy a 950 NVME SSD over that one.

You also probably do not really need the super high end GPUs, benchmarks are hard to find, but the performance per dollar really drops, unless you really need to hit that VRAM mark, also I don't think you get to use both card's VRAM even with workstation GPUs

Nvidia cards do CUDA, Firepro does OpenCL, I think adobe generally supports both, dunno about autoCAD, they probably support both, but the firepro cards generally seem to be better for the money

What you should probably do, is build 3 machines, the one below, maybe with a sabertooth board instead as it's a nice X99 board

Then you should spend some money on a NAS, for archiving and some form of back up

Then just build a network rendering rig, probably with even just an i7 6700 or OC'd 8300 if you don't care about power consumption, that way you can just throw video rendering onto that so your main rig is free to do other stuff

Essentially, don't put all your eggs into one basket man, unless you already have all of that

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zhQ2Q7
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zhQ2Q7/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($107.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($317.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($159.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: AMD FirePro W7100 8GB Video Card  ($619.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1974.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

28 minutes ago, Cleber Sully said:

Quadro K6000 12GB 

Wait, isn't a kepler generation quadro

http://www.amazon.com/Quadro-K6000-Processing-900-52081-0050-000-699-52081-0500-200/dp/B00FZZHNZU

"Kepler Graphics"

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You aren't going to need a Xeon, and it's really not worth buying the 8 core X99 chips if they're still 1K, because you're basically paying $700 for an i3's worth of performance.

And buy a 950 NVME SSD over that one.

You also probably do not really need the super high end GPUs, benchmarks are hard to find, but the performance per dollar really drops, unless you really need to hit that VRAM mark, also I don't think you get to use both card's VRAM even with workstation GPUs

Nvidia cards do CUDA, Firepro does OpenCL, I think adobe generally supports both, dunno about autoCAD, they probably support both, but the firepro cards generally seem to be better for the money

What you should probably do, is build 3 machines, the one below, maybe with a sabertooth board instead as it's a nice X99 board

Then you should spend some money on a NAS, for archiving and some form of back up

Then just build a network rendering rig, probably with even just an i7 6700 or OC'd 8300 if you don't care about power consumption, that way you can just throw video rendering onto that so your main rig is free to do other stuff

Essentially, don't put all your eggs into one basket man, unless you already have all of that

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zhQ2Q7
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zhQ2Q7/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($107.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($317.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($159.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: AMD FirePro W7100 8GB Video Card  ($619.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1974.31

Wow! under $2000. Nice!

I was really confused. But thanks for the help. I'll save 5,000 thanks to you.
But man, the 6-Core will not bottleneck in autoCad? I heard that it requires that I have an 8-core for better performance. Oh, the 950 PRO 512GB M.2 has better performance than the SSD?

11 minutes ago, Cleber Sully said:

Wow! under $2000. Nice!

I was really confused. But thanks for the help. I'll save 5,000 thanks to you.
But man, the 6-Core will not bottleneck in autoCad? I heard that it requires that I have an 8-core for better performance. Oh, the 950 PRO 512GB M.2 has better performance than the SSD?

NVME is the fastest we got atm, the 950 being better than the intel NVME SSDS, at least in most cases, intel ones have a bit better 4k random I think

it has to use PCI-e as well, hence the M.2, though not all M.2 slots are PCI-e, the asrock board in there should be though

going by this AutoCAD isn't multi-threaded mostly, so you'd want per core performance, maybe just overclocking the 5820K to like 4ghz or something so it'll be stable

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-AutoDesk-AutoCAD-134/Hardware-Recommendations

One thing we want to make clear is that since most of AutoCAD is not multi-threaded, our recommended system that is optimized for Mental Ray will never be better at general AutoCAD tasks than our Standard system no matter how much money you are willing to spend. There is simply no CPU currently available that can match the single threaded performance of the Intel Core i7 6700K that is in our Standard system.

also I guess maybe go quadro, but definately a maxwell quadro, you also don't need much VRAM

"

For AutoCAD, the key thing to know when it comes to video cards is that 3D models are the only thing that uses the GPU for anything more than simply displaying what is on the screen. If you will only be working with 2D models or rendering then you are better off saving money on the GPU and putting that money towards a faster CPU, SSD, or more RAM.

If you will be working with 3D models, the testing we performed in the two articles linked below has shown that NVIDIA GeForce and NVIDIA Quadro cards are consistently faster than AMD cards for AutoCAD. Between GeForce and Quadro, GeForce cards will get you much better performance for your dollar, although the downside is that they are not officially certified for use in AutoCAD by AutoDesk. A huge number of AutoCAD users use GeForce cards without an issue, but if you ever have to work with AutoDesk directly to resolve a problem there is a small chance that they may dismiss the problem based on your use of a non-certified video card.

Another thing we have learned is that once you get to about a GeForce GTX 970 or Quadro K5200 there is very little performance benefit of going with a faster (and more expensive) video card. AutoCAD is also very light on VRAM usage, so there is no reason to get a card that has more than ~2GB of VRAM if you will only being using the system for AutoCAD. More VRAM is not bad, but it is unlikely you will ever need it for AutoCAD.

"

Are you planning on doing any gaming?

Although given that the K5200 is $1200 here, for 8gbs of VRAM, probably just get the Firepro W7100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133557

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

NVME is the fastest we got atm, the 950 being better than the intel NVME SSDS, at least in most cases, intel ones have a bit better 4k random I think

it has to use PCI-e as well, hence the M.2, though not all M.2 slots are PCI-e, the asrock board in there should be though

going by this AutoCAD isn't multi-threaded mostly, so you'd want per core performance, maybe just overclocking the 5820K to like 4ghz or something so it'll be stable

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-AutoDesk-AutoCAD-134/Hardware-Recommendations

One thing we want to make clear is that since most of AutoCAD is not multi-threaded, our recommended system that is optimized for Mental Ray will never be better at general AutoCAD tasks than our Standard system no matter how much money you are willing to spend. There is simply no CPU currently available that can match the single threaded performance of the Intel Core i7 6700K that is in our Standard system.

also I guess maybe go quadro, but definately a maxwell quadro, you also don't need much VRAM

"

For AutoCAD, the key thing to know when it comes to video cards is that 3D models are the only thing that uses the GPU for anything more than simply displaying what is on the screen. If you will only be working with 2D models or rendering then you are better off saving money on the GPU and putting that money towards a faster CPU, SSD, or more RAM.

If you will be working with 3D models, the testing we performed in the two articles linked below has shown that NVIDIA GeForce and NVIDIA Quadro cards are consistently faster than AMD cards for AutoCAD. Between GeForce and Quadro, GeForce cards will get you much better performance for your dollar, although the downside is that they are not officially certified for use in AutoCAD by AutoDesk. A huge number of AutoCAD users use GeForce cards without an issue, but if you ever have to work with AutoDesk directly to resolve a problem there is a small chance that they may dismiss the problem based on your use of a non-certified video card.

Another thing we have learned is that once you get to about a GeForce GTX 970 or Quadro K5200 there is very little performance benefit of going with a faster (and more expensive) video card. AutoCAD is also very light on VRAM usage, so there is no reason to get a card that has more than ~2GB of VRAM if you will only being using the system for AutoCAD. More VRAM is not bad, but it is unlikely you will ever need it for AutoCAD.

"

Are you planning on doing any gaming?

Although given that the K5200 is $1200 here, for 8gbs of VRAM, probably just get the Firepro W7100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133557

I understood. your point of view really is the best!
Do you really know what you're doing. = D
gaming? well ... I really do not have time for that.
The AutoCad and adobe premiere take a lot of my time. 
But ... I can use this PC for game? He can handle? or I buy PS4? 
OC about the 5820k. I do not need a watercooler?? 4ghz is going to be freaking hot. 

11 minutes ago, Cleber Sully said:

I understood. your point of view really is the best!
Do you really know what you're doing. = D
gaming? well ... I really do not have time for that.
The AutoCad and adobe premiere take a lot of my time. 
But ... I can use this PC for game? He can handle? or I buy PS4? 
OC about the 5820k. I do not need a watercooler?? 4ghz is going to be freaking hot. 

the hyper 212 would be fine unless you're in a hot location, or just want a cooler CPU

You cannot game on a workstation GPU, you'd want a gaming GPU, probably just a 390 as it beats out the 970 overall and has the extra VRAM

but the workstation GPUs are built to do workstationy things of course

you can run both if you like switching your GPU.

But for like 600 bucks you can get a pretty capable 1080p 60hz gaming rig for like your living room or something, would be better than a PS4 lol, even a $400 PC would be a bit better overall

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ncqb4D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ncqb4D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.86 @ Mac Mall)
Total: $608.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-16 00:19 EDT-0400

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

the hyper 212 would be fine unless you're in a hot location, or just want a cooler CPU

You cannot game on a workstation GPU, you'd want a gaming GPU, probably just a 390 as it beats out the 970 overall and has the extra VRAM

but the workstation GPUs are built to do workstationy things of course

you can run both if you like switching your GPU.

But for like 600 bucks you can get a pretty capable 1080p 60hz gaming rig for like your living room or something, would be better than a PS4 lol, even a $400 PC would be a bit better overall

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ncqb4D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ncqb4D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.86 @ Mac Mall)
Total: $608.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-16 00:19 EDT-0400

Nice! I will buy this 2 PCs. Still in the budget. xD
I really want do play some game with my son on weekend. 
Thank a LOT man for help pick the right parts for both pcs. 

54 minutes ago, Cleber Sully said:

Nice! I will buy this 2 PCs. Still in the budget. xD
I really want do play some game with my son on weekend. 
Thank a LOT man for help pick the right parts for both pcs. 

You could also do other things for the 2nd PC, and ya buy like nice fans and shit for the main rig, I just usually go with the most economical options

like for the secondary rig you could do some super tiny ITX system built in say an elite 110 with an R9 nano in it though the nano is a $450 card

And you'll probably want an SSD for the secondary system, this one's 480GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226792

And maybe buy a 40" 4k display for productivity, though it's pretty pricey for a non korean large 4k display

Spoiler