Best 120mm Blue LED Fans?

Jmjam

What are the best 120mm fans with blue leds to be used as an intake or on a cpu heatsink? I was looking at Silverstone AP121 since it has good static pressure for heatsinks but I'm unsure of what intakes I should use. I would like positive pressure in my HAF 912 but would also like the intake fans to be quiet with blue leds.

I'm currently running 2 cm sickles on the front which look nice but are very loud at full speed.but I undervolt them to make them quieter

What are your suggestions?

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

Bitfenix Spectre LED fans are fairly quiet

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Now which are better, Bitfenix Spectre or Spectre Pros?

The Spectre Pro model is a high pressure model with reinforced blades and dual frame design so it would perform better but it does cost more

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Ok. Well what would be the best cost/performance blue led fan then?

I would get Spectre LED for case fans and Spectre Pro LED for heatsinks.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Cost for performance is hard to measure.

It really comes down to whether or not you want to spend the extra money for the extra bit of better performance

Most led fans run are noticeably loud at full speed I thought?

Anyway I'm using a Xigmatek XLF F1256 as rear exhaust. The fans are blue, but the leds are white. It gives off a really neat look.

8522428161_59ae28949f_b.jpg[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][size=10px]

Anyway I'm using a Xigmatek XLF F1256 as rear exhaust. The fans are blue, but the leds are white. It gives off a really neat look.

I do like the look of them. Are they good for intake/heatsinks and relatively quiet?

I believe Xigmatek use the same fans for their DarkKnight II heatsink and it's pretty decent. Hope that helps

They run @ 1500rpm at full speed verses CM's sickleflow @ 2000rpm. I would say it will operate a little more quiet although I don't think it'll be a noticeable difference. I have the fan running @ 50% using speedfan and my temps are more or less the same compared to 100%.

As for how loud they are, it's subjective, but here's my take. I do hear them because I'm sitting right next to my rig most of the time. They're not loud to the point where my attention never leaves the fan. It gives off a medium-low humming noise and is bearable. I sometimes forget about it while I'm doing other stuff.

When I bought the fan, I leaned more towards the coolness factor than the loudness. Anyway sorry for the broken picture. I still don't know how to insert images in a post lol.

Thanks for the info. I am actually considering getting the Dark Knight II. I do wish the fan led was blue on the heatsink but it doesn't seem like too big of a deal. Might slap the blue version of the fan if I do decide to get it :)

I have BitFenix Spectre Pro LED - very nice fans. I also have them hooked to a BitFenix Hydra Pro controller for running them very low when need be. And, I can also turn off the LED's if I need to with this controller :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

You have dedicated video, why not dedicated LEDs? Just buy an LED strip and solder it up to molex. You can even wire a switch if you want :P

Or get the Spectre Pros..

Depending on the location of the fan mount. You can actually mount the 140mm Spectre Pro fans in a 120mm mount. So if you have mount holes that have extra room around it for the large fan size, the fan can fit in it as it has holes for both 120mm and 140mm mounting. They are pretty strong and fairly quiet.

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

You have dedicated video, why not dedicated LEDs? Just buy an LED strip and solder it up to molex. You can even wire a switch if you want :P

Or get the Spectre Pros..

Some people like lights on the fans themselves, like the inlets on my 600t.

Gelid wings are also a decent option. The led versions also have the UV blue blades

Depending on the location of the fan mount. You can actually mount the 140mm Spectre Pro fans in a 120mm mount. So if you have mount holes that have extra room around it for the large fan size, the fan can fit in it as it has holes for both 120mm and 140mm mounting. They are pretty strong and fairly quiet.
You make a good point. I think I may put bitfenix spectre 140mm pros on the dark knight if I get both of those items. Still looking around for good front intake blue led fans.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally decided and put a 140mm Bitfenix spectre pro o nteh dark knight 2 I got. It looks pretty sweet and moves air quite well.