Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is finally here!

No, it's software locked to the specific areas. Only American ones are locked to America, and Europe ones are locked to europe. No other ones are locked.

Hmm is there like a bad thing that will come from software locking to specific areas apart from importing restrictions?

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Hmm is there like a bad thing that will come from software locking to specific areas apart from importing restrictions?

I think most people are angered are the ones who parallel import (like me). Samsung could have let us known beforehand, as, if I preordered a Note III from the US, it may not be usable here and vice-versa.

Instead, Samsung didn't say anything about it.

I need more SSDs.

I think most people are angered are the ones who parallel import (like me). Samsung could have let us known beforehand, as, if I preordered a Note III from the US, it may not be usable here and vice-versa.

Instead, Samsung didn't say anything about it.

Ooo

Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Figured the USB 3.0 not recognizing my Galaxy Note 3.

The culprit is the ASUS Ai Charger +.

I had the Ai Charger + turned on and because of this my USB 3.0 sockets did not detect my Galaxy Note as a media device.

Now that the Ai Charger + is disabled my USB 3.0 recognizes the media device.

AWESOME!!! FASTER TRANSFER SPEEDS is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yippie I got mine. Rogers, Ontario picked it up a couple days later than I could have.

Had to give up my 5 year old 6 gig for $30 plan. They would not do this hardware upgrade with the old plans. It qualified with the totally $ value but they exclude the old addons in the talk/data total requirement of $60. Anyways the guy in the store yelled at them. Then I left and was going to wait a day but I called and accepted their new (expired) 3GB+3GB=6GB with unlm Canadian LD and added a preferred rate US call/text. $92/month which is where I would normally be with an few LD calls a month on my old Plan but I got the Note 3 for $299-$50MIR pretty good. Only 3 hours on the phone to get what I consider a better plan for me. Probably save in the long run. But I got a Note3!!! And besides the time to negotiate and the uncertainty, I was very pleased this time around with what the Rogers employees did for me and how nice they were. Obviously they make way more money now off of me than they did 5 years ago,but that is the state of affairs here. Fundamentally robbed but at least they were nice about it. Now on to learnin' this wafer thin beast.

• 1 month later...

it has been about a month with this new phone. I love it as a piece of hardware but the software not so much. Once rooted it will probably be much better. My complaint is so much white space and padding on the interface. The padding is great on the keyboard but everywhere else everything is Apple stupid, big buttons not much info and everything is always 2 menus too deep.

I have a glas t and bounce case on it which is just about the best combo ever. Waiting on a Qi charging antenna.

• 1 month later...

3 months in...still using the bounce and glas t, Got a QI charger and it sits under my monitor at work with one of the blue antennas which I ripped the cover off and has been great. This phone is so good for a computer user. I have no concept of it's social/media capabilities but all the rest is spot on. Battery life, stylus, screen, RDP. perfect.  Phone perfect. Messages, great typing but the threaded conversation is too small a scroll. I fixed it but can't remember how. Camera is crazy good. PC to Device software sucks. The long and short. Amazing hardware but Samsung go in the way. Next vaca I root and flash.