Computer Desk

I am planning on building a full tower PC and needed a desk to be able to support it. My case is the Phanteks enthoo pro. Does anyone know if the "South Shore Axess Computer Desk 2" will be able to support it? If not I am looking for a black computer desk under 50" wide and enough depth and strength  to be able to support my PC.

build one, it's the only way you know you'll get what you want. this is the custom desk I built originally for myself, but then I altered, and did a really nice finish (called helmsman's, it's a hard durable clearcoat, but way cheaper than epoxy), and now my wife uses iut for her home office. mine is a bit etravagant.. Maple legs, and sides with a birch top, and mahogany inlay. But you can build one to suit your needs much better than what's available commercially. Basically why I built this one. I'll post up my next adventure. since I've been kicked out of this office. (she literally boxed up my stuff and threw it in the basement!!) so now I am going to build my "MAN CAVE" literally building a soundproofed room, with a locking door. I deserve it. plus it's very cramped here in the living room trying to play a game when everyone else is watching tv.

20160510_000424[1].jpg

10 hours ago, Scott17818 said:

I built originally for myself

Nice work! Looks great. I used to stain and clear coat, but polyshades makes it simple.

The legs look like they might wobble a bit tho as they don't seem to have much support. I built something like that for a side board for some kitchen appliances a while back with 2x2" legs and I don't think I'd trust it to hold a tower PC unless the legs got more support. Your's looks like what? 3x1? 2x1?

Where'd you get the top? I find the hardest wood to find is the top.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

12 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

Your's looks like what? 3x1? 2x1?

I think they are 4x1 or 3x1 and go down to maybe 2x1

the top is 3/4" birch faced plywood (double sided veneer). the table is actually very stable with 5 legs. the legs are held in with 3 bolts each they are also solid maple. you can also get many other species of harwood veneer plywoods. the 3/4 is definitly sturdy enough. 

I had enough of the maple plywood left over that I made a 6 shelf DVD rack, that's in my living room. holds 41 blu-ray /DVDs per shelf.