Turntable Inquiry

FamedKarma

I'm fairly sure there isn't a hi-fi forum, so I decided that this was the closest. Sorry if there was a better option. I've just started getting into listening to my music on vinyl pressings instead of high fidelity audio, and I have been using a pretty cheap WGIT turntable for a couple of months. However, I've decided to upgrade to a Rega RP1 TT, since I want a better experience (especially with 180g vinyl, which my player seems to have difficulties with). Although I have decided on the turntable I want, I will also need a preamp with it, and I'm not really sure what people recommend; I'll be playing the audio through a pair of M-Audio 2.0 reference monitors, not headphones. If anyone has a suggestion, let me know :)

I would recommend a tube somewhere in the line. They tend to smooth out the pops a little.

I haven't really looked into higher end preamps, but I have been looking at the musical fidelity VL-PII, and bellari vp130 tube preamp.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac