Monitors W/O Built In Speakers?

ShayMaster [PC Noob]
1 minute ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

Hello all, if I buy a monitor w/o built in speakers will I be able to have audio?

Why two times the same post?

Not through your monitor. If you have earbuds or headphones, use those.

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"

1 minute ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Why two times the same post?

It was an accident, shitty Internet.

3 minutes ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

Hello all, if I buy a monitor w/o built in speakers will I be able to have audio?

of course - just use something else like headphones or actual speakers.

In fact I hate monitors with speakers in them since they're always total crap, so they're just adding unnecessary weight and cost for no benefit.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If you have any other device which can output audio (headphones or speakers for example), then yes.

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

1 minute ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

It was an accident, shitty Internet.

Oh.

And to respond to your question, yes you can have audio,  but with headset only.

1 minute ago, spark12072001 said:

Not through your monitor. If you have earbuds or headphones, use those.

Oh okay, thanks. So only if I attach speakers to them I can get audio. 

Funny Story. I didn't know at the time my Monitor didn't have speakers because it has volume control and all that but for the auz out at the back and thought my gpu wasn't sending audio or my monitor was broken so i called and they didn't know what to do and this went on for about 5 months until i contacted the online chat of Samsung and said 'What the Hell!?" then I gave my model number and then all I see is 'your monitor has no built in speaker.'...

I have no need for monitor speakers I just thought there was something wrong and I didn't see it anywhere where it said that this monitor didn't have speakers so that was my fault for not looking hard enough.

TL;DR I was an idiot and messed with options to get audio out of an audio-less monitor.