PCIe bandwith problem

Go to solution Solved by ChatDaw,
6 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

based on the issues

it looks like the mobo itself has broken tracks to the PCI-E slots so that is why your PCI-E lanes is cut that bad

you will need to find a new LGA775 board

Hey, thanks for the answer.

I actually managed to fix the issue. I'm back to x16 on my 9500GS now.
All I needed to do was take out the card, boot up without any GPU/PCI device plugged in and shut down the system then put the GPU back in.
Wasn't that hard in the end but... an irritating issue :D

Hi,

as the title already mentions, I have a PCIe bandwith issue with an old LGA 775 motherboard I currently use cause it's the only system I can really use at the moment.
The motherboard is an Asus P5KPL/1600 and has two PCIe slots, one 16x and one 4x according to Asus's website : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5KPL1600/.

Two days ago, I tried fixing a Sapphire Radeon R7 250 which gives me black screens every now and then on a few different systems even if she's not under load.
To make that possible, I tried plugging it in the second PCIe slot, which starved my 9500GS at 1x speed and 4x for the R7. Weird IMHO.
It wasn't scary at first but then I saw Bus Interface usage peaking at a 100% in GPU-Z AND intermittent stuttering even when watching a YouTube video with the 9500GS I normally use in 16x.
After trying to fix the R7 card, without success, I decided to plug only my 9500GS back in and use this PC as I did before that, but unfortunately, my first PCIe slot is still running at 1x speed.

Here's what I tried :
- Clear CMOS
- Cleaning the whole system and reseatting the GPU
- Fiddling around in the BIOS
- Updating the BIOS to the latest version, was running 0507 and updated to 0512.
- Loading default values and reconfiguring it as it was.

I hope someone can help me with that, that could save me a lot of headache and waste of time :P

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

based on the issues

it looks like the mobo itself has broken tracks to the PCI-E slots so that is why your PCI-E lanes is cut that bad

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

6 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

based on the issues

Hey, thanks for the answer.

I actually managed to fix the issue. I'm back to x16 on my 9500GS now.
All I needed to do was take out the card, boot up without any GPU/PCI device plugged in and shut down the system then put the GPU back in.
Wasn't that hard in the end but... an irritating issue :D

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.