How's this for a RJ-45 Connector?

Scheer

I was browsing EZ RJ-45 connectors when I found this, so I requested a sample. I still have no idea on price, but I'm sure that it isn't cheap.

WP_20130301_001.jpg

WP_20130301_003.jpg

WP_20130301_004.jpg

WP_20130301_005.jpg

Considering that it is for CAT6a cable, there is no doubt it is expensive. Where did you request a sample kit from?

Considering that it is for CAT6a cable, there is no doubt it is expensive. Where did you request a sample kit from?
Yeah, they have some older ones that are similar and were $15 each. The sample kit was from Phoenix Contact.

Wow, never seen punch down plugs before, but giving the price i would just have a few standard ones handy :)

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

• 3 weeks later...

Besides the durability of the connector am I right to assume that as long as it carries the cat6 specification that both will perform at the same speeds?

Besides the durability of the connector am I right to assume that as long as it carries the cat6 specification that both will perform at the same speeds?
These are Cat6a connectors, not Cat6. The A version is capable of a full 100 meter run at 10 gbps speed, and less cross talk.

AFAIK the only benefit to this connector compared to a standard style Cat6a connector would be the reliability in the connection points and durability of the connector itself. I have no idea how a sheilded Cat6 connector would work with Cat6a cable, I'm sure it would function, but not sure if you could get 10 gbps at 100m lengths.