Non-curved Freesync Ultrawide QHD

lbrwnie

Hi guys,

Is there any monitors that are ultrawide 3440x1440 that aren't curved that have freesync and/or a higher than 60Hz refresh rate. I dont want curved because I often watch videos with my girlfriend off axis from the monitor and I don't want the cost associated with one. The only non-curved ultrawide qhd that I have found is the original LG one that linus first reviewed.

Thanks

PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/lbrwnie/saved/4iSW

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Phone: Moto X Play 16GB White

There is non-curved version of 34UC88 I believe. LG 34UM88C-P. It is flat, but doesn't have 75 Hz resfresh rate like 34UC88 according to LG official website, it is 60 Hz, and it has FreeSync at 40-60 Hz range instead of 55-75.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

mabe this *uäh* Acer one 

Acer BX340CKbmijphzx

with it's wierd name. At least 75hz, FreeSync non-curved but pricy and not really woth it in my opinion.

than are only some 27" 16:9 monitors left  (144hz,2560x1440p, FreeSync I guess none 75hz),

Acer Predator XG270HUomidpx (I guess the cheapest ... but ACER and it's a TN-Panel)

ASUS MG278Q TN-Panel

BenQ XL2730Z TN-Panel

ASUS MG279Q IPS-Panel (backlight lottery, but good monitor)

Acer XF270HUbmijdprz IPS-Panel (ACER I guess backlight lottery, near same price than the Asus^)

Eizo Foris FS2735 IPS-Panel outstanding in it's league with best support (5 year on place exchange) with nice features but it has a outstanding price league, too (probably even more or same as a good curved one)

1440p is not (sadly) very common and most are gamer orientated 16:9 monitor or curved models for a bit cinematic like response and frame rate.

MY advice for monitors ... they will last long if you choose the right one they will probably survive atleast 2 GPU's and a GPU can only show you what your monitor can display. Don't cheap out on a Monitor this is what you will see from your PC for 95% of the time.

I like the Eizo Foris and I'm save up for this one!

Why people keep intrusively spaming every ultrawide thread with propositions of 16:9 144 Hz monitors? Can't you read properly or what?

Back to thread, other non-curved 3440x1440 ultrawides are AOC U3477PQU, Philips BDM3470UP, iiyama ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 and LG 34UM95. And also this one mentioned in my first post, 34UM88C-P , the best option from those mentioned here since it has 10 bit support and FreeSync and it is a part of the newest LG ultrawide lineup and those monitors are noticeably improved over previous models.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

1 minute ago, Krzych said:

Why people keep intrusively spaming every ultrawide thread with propositions of 16:9 144 Hz monitors? Can't you read properly or what?

Back to thread, other non-curved 3440x1440 ultrawides are AOC U3477PQU, Philips BDM3470UP, iiyama ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 and LG 34UM95. And also this one mentioned in my first post, the best option from those mentioned here since it has 10 bit support and FreeSync.

It doesn't appear the one you mentioned before is available outside of europe sadly, thanks anyways

PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/lbrwnie/saved/4iSW

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Phone: Moto X Play 16GB White

24 minutes ago, lbrwnie said:

It doesn't appear the one you mentioned before is available outside of europe sadly, thanks anyways

It is available in the US also, I don't know anything about Australia.

Spoiler