5.1 surround doesn't work

NathanSwift

I bought my Logitech z506 5.1 surround system yesterday but i can't get my rear speakers to work. I do have a rear speaker jack on my motherboard. I got a asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard. When i go to my realtek hd audio manager, it says there is a signal from the audio jack but there is just no sound coming from it. I already got my settings to 5.1 surround and i checked if the cables are on all right spots and it should be fine. it's not the speaker itself because i but the speakers in the other jacks and they work fine. When i go to realtek and i enable 5.1 surround i can't enable rear speakers. i can only enable side speakers. i don't know if that is the issue. but on the motherboard it says rear too. the front speakers, center speaker and sub woofer are doing great. Do i need to get a sound card or is it the software? please help me. :/:$ 

23 minutes ago, NathanSwift said:

I bought my Logitech z506 5.1 surround system yesterday but i can't get my rear speakers to work. I do have a rear speaker jack on my motherboard. I got a asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard. When i go to my realtek hd audio manager, it says there is a signal from the audio jack but there is just no sound coming from it. I already got my settings to 5.1 surround and i checked if the cables are on all right spots and it should be fine. it's not the speaker itself because i but the speakers in the other jacks and they work fine. When i go to realtek and i enable 5.1 surround i can't enable rear speakers. i can only enable side speakers. i don't know if that is the issue. but on the motherboard it says rear too. the front speakers, center speaker and sub woofer are doing great. Do i need to get a sound card or is it the software? please help me. :/:$ 

LOL you have to plug the speakers into the sub. You plug all the cables in to the sub and then you plug all of your speakers into the sub.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

LOL you have to plug the speakers into the sub.

No need to laugh, that is why he is here. For help.

I don't even know to do that...

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Just now, Bittenfleax said:

I did not laugh m8, but how can you miss all of that on the back of the sub?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

LOL you have to plug the speakers into the sub. You plug all the cables in to the sub and then you plug all of your speakers into the sub.

-__- yes of course i have the cables into the sub 

9 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

i do have it into the sub i am not that stupid but i doesn't work

11 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Hmm maybe there is something wrong with the sub then... I cant help that much more for the next 3-4 hours since I have things to do.

y

12 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

yes i have the cables in the sub. otherwise i would not post this here -_-

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Hmm maybe there is something wrong with the sub then... I cant help that much more for the next 3-4 hours since I have things to do.

i checked every input and they work fine

26 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

"LOL" is not laughing?! I dunno, he might of not seen them. Hence why he is here for help.

13 minutes ago, NathanSwift said:

i checked every input and they work fine

Have you got another audio source to try? Like another PC?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

2 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

"LOL" is not laughing?! I dunno, he might of not seen them. Hence why he is here for help.

No i don't have that. 

3 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

but i am sure that it's not the speakers 

1 minute ago, NathanSwift said:

No i don't have that. 

Are you getting any audio at all? Or just not 5.1?

1 minute ago, Bittenfleax said:

Are you getting any audio at all? Or just not 5.1?

yes my front speakers, center speaker and subwoofer work fine

Go to Start > Sound > Then press "Properties" and look at the jack information. What does it look like? 

Also, whilst there press "Configure" and look at all of the possible audio sources.

Go to Start > Sound > Then press "Properties" and look at the jack information. What does it look like? 

Also, whilst there press "Configure" and look at all of the possible audio sources.

jack information:

L R :green circle: rear panel 3.5 mm jack

RL RR :black circle: rear panel 3.5 mm jack

C Sub :orange circle: rear panel 3.5 mm jack

should be working fine if you ask me 

jack information:

L R :green circle: rear panel 3.5 mm jack

RL RR :black circle: rear panel 3.5 mm jack

C Sub :orange circle: rear panel 3.5 mm jack

should be working fine if you ask me 

Do they all show up in the "Configure" menu?

they show up yeah but the rear speakers just don't give me sound

when i test

3 minutes ago, NathanSwift said:

they show up yeah but the rear speakers just don't give me sound

What if you go directly out of the PC into just 1 speaker? 

Is it possible to do that? I cannot really see :D 

4 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

What if you go directly out of the PC into just 1 speaker? 

Is it possible to do that? I cannot really see :D 

if you put the rear speakers into it works but just on their own spot they just won't workO.o

if you put the rear speakers into it works but just on their own spot they just won't workO.o

Hmmm, have you gone through all sound options and looked for 5.1 surround, and if so enabled all of those options? 

2 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Hmmm, have you gone through all sound options and looked for 5.1 surround, and if so enabled all of those options? 

yes i have surround on in windows and i have surround on in realtek hd audio manager. 

Just now, NathanSwift said:

yes i have surround on in windows and i have surround on in realtek hd audio manager. 

Oh right. I think a Google might help 0_O

I would help, but I am kinda busy atm. Sorry :/ 

Just now, Bittenfleax said:

Oh right. I think a Google might help 0_O

I would help, but I am kinda busy atm. Sorry :/ 

ok thanks for your time