IRSSI ConnectBot

What is an IRSSI connect bot and what is it used for? If you could give me a basic run down of what it is and how to use it I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Reading PlayStore description didn't help? Irssi is IRC client which is made primary for Linux. It has only command line UI. SSH clients  (Putty is among the well known windows ones) are used to connect to UNIX/Linux servers running software like irssi. So ConnectBot is SSH client meant to connect server running irssi. Or something along those lines.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Reading PlayStore description didn't help? Irssi is IRC client which is made primary for Linux. It has only command line UI. SSH clients  (Putty is among the well known windows ones) are used to connect to UNIX/Linux servers running software like irssi. So ConnectBot is SSH client meant to connect server running irssi. Or something along those lines.

I'm a rookie so what does that all mean?

3 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

I'm a rookie so what does that all mean?

I would say you aren't target audience for that app... I'll give short answers here. Head to Wikipedia for deeper information.

• IRC = Server based real-time multiuser chat service. Has multiple networks (like IRCnet, Quakenet, EFnet etc.) all of which have ton of channels (which are like chatrooms) with thousands of users.
  • IRC Client = Software you use to connect IRC network. Some have UI, others work like command line in Unix/Linux.
  • irssi = Command line based IRC client for mainly Linux.
  • Unix = Old and powerful OS, base for OSX, Linux, BSD etc.
  • Linux = Open-source OS, notable distributions Debian, Ubuntu, Mint...
  • SSH = Secure connection type to remotely manage software running on Unix based servers.
  • Putty = SSH client for Windows.

Anything else?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

55 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would say you aren't target audience for that app... I'll give short answers here. Head to Wikipedia for deeper information.

• IRC = Server based real-time multiuser chat service. Has multiple networks (like IRCnet, Quakenet, EFnet etc.) all of which have ton of channels (which are like chatrooms) with thousands of users.
  • IRC Client = Software you use to connect IRC network. Some have UI, others work like command line in Unix/Linux.
  • irssi = Command line based IRC client for mainly Linux.
  • Unix = Old and powerful OS, base for OSX, Linux, BSD etc.
  • Linux = Open-source OS, notable distributions Debian, Ubuntu, Mint...
  • SSH = Secure connection type to remotely manage software running on Unix based servers.
  • Putty = SSH client for Windows.

Anything else?

Yeah I figured it's not for me. Lol but thank you