Will this reduce audio quality? also Data interference noise coming through audio. G1 sniper 5

Bupalooga

Iv got a G1 Sniper 5, Logitech Z4 2.1 speakers & an ATH-m50.

Having my headphones plugged into the Amplified headphone port on the MB back panel is quite annoying due to the headphones coiled cable.

If i plug my speakers into the Amplified MB headphone port and plug my headphones into the headphone output on the speakers controller, will I still be getting the Amplified audio goodness or will it be reprocessed somehow by the speaker system, wasting the advanced on-board audio?

logitech_z4-15.JPG

I plan to mod the headphone cable eventually but until then this will probably be the solution.

Also im getting background whiney noise through my headphones which increases during USB activity and high pc load (stress testing) no matter what port i use including front panel header even if its muted. I think its my custom case design as the MB is mounted to an aluminum tray but then that tray is rubber insulated from all other components, so i think its the standoffs not being grounded back to the PSU through what would be normally be a metal case.

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Sounds like you are getting interference because of the motherboard audio. Not sure about plugging speakers into the headphone port and then plugging your headphones into that, sounds a very messy (audio-wise) solution.

Headset

The little control unit doesn't act as a pass through if that's what you're asking. What it does to the signal specifically is anyone's guess, but probably not much.