Pci-e sound card recommendations

Optimusgrime

hi everyone i was looking into getting a pcie sound card , im looking not to buy the highest end sound card (prices are too high) but not the cheapest.

this forum is normally really good with hardware suggestions so thought id ask and see if you guys had any decent recommendations for me. 

thanks.

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

Uhg, I wish Linus never said that.

No, don't buy a sound card. What is your budget?

Xonar cards are really good, from their cheapest to most expensive cards, and sound cards definitely make sense.

Whatever Xonar card you can afford.

Hue.

hi everyone i was looking into getting a pcie sound card , im looking not to buy the highest end sound card (prices are too high) but not the cheapest.

this forum is normally really good with hardware suggestions so thought id ask and see if you guys had any decent recommendations for me. 

thanks.

Get the cheapest one with the features you want. There's basically only two tiers as far as audio quality goes, and prices are set on features otherwise.

Uhg, I wish Linus never said that.

No, don't buy a sound card. What is your budget?

hi there my budget is somewhere between 160 and 200 dollars but obviously if there is one for cheaper then i'm going to buy that one :D.

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

Xonar cards are really good, from their cheapest to most expensive cards, and sound cards definitely make sense.

NO THEY AREN'T

I had a xonar DG, I went back to my onboard sound because it actually is better than it

hi there my budget is somewhere between 160 and 200 dollars but obviously if there is one for cheaper then i'm going to buy that one :D.

Woah, definetly buy something external with that budget. A FiiO E10 is "good enough" but the Objective solutions Mr. Mayflower is about to recommend are definitely better in build and spec.

What headphones are you using? If you are using a headset it's not worth the money.

The standard recommendations are Fiio E10 and the objective2 amplifier.

No.

NO THEY AREN'T

I had a xonar DG, I went back to my onboard sound because it actually is better than it

Whether a sound card is a good idea or not depends on your sound hardware.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Whether a sound card is a good idea or not depends on your sound hardware.

There's not too many situations in which a sound card is better than an external solution.

There's not too many situations in which a sound card is better than an external solution.

True.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

After the problems with the Asus xonar DGX sound card I had I think I would go back to a Creative sound card, but I now have the E10 DAC the sound is improved so much you get that rich warmth sound both with the headphone and speaker's that I don't need a sound card in my rig.

A sound Card with a amp built in like the Asus card's will amplify every sound from your computer, and I mean everything!

Cry Havoc!

A sound Card with a amp built in like the Asus card's will amplify every sound from your computer, and I mean everything!

That's not quite how it works - sounds like you had a severe case of EMI.