Hosting - A hosting provider with UK based servers (not US only)

Hi, 

I am looking for some decent hosting, not a dedicated managed server and not some space on an overloaded shared server with 10,000 wordpress websites clunking away on it.

• I had a hostpapa account, they were ok at 1st but then started to slow down lots.
  • I had a 1&1 shared hosting account and their service and tech issues made me leave.
  • I have used fasthosts but I think they are shait.
  • I have used 123reg and godaddy and thought, hosting that my mother would buy

I am looking for proper geek, web developer hosting, not IT illiterate big pictures in your face hosting whom boast about wordpress or some shait web builder tool they have (eg squarespace)

I am currently with Vidahost, their "Cloud Hosting Unlimited Plan", £19.99 per month ex VAT, so about £240 per year with the 1 year free domain.

Their plan is fine, I get unlimited space, bandwidth, mysql databases, php 5 to 7 (7 doesn't work correctly though - been waiting over 2 weeks on an issue with sessions and cookies I found on the server, but I don't think they care). So all the technical things a web developer like me needs are there. However the speeds of framework based php web projects I have with them can sometimes take up to 25 seconds to generate and then as the page streams down I can see images of dimensions 400x300 streaming in, now I know there is nothing wrong my end so I have a feeling they have overloaded the server with too many people and I just happen to be on the damn thing.

I need a host that wont do this, that can give me decent php speeds, mysql query speeds and have 1/2 decent network connectivity, especially for £240 per a year! I am not expecting dedicated server performance from rackspace or something (£1,000+ per month), but I would like not to have my website hosted on a Samsung Galaxy S1.

Essentials

• Unlimited domains/websites
  • Unlimited mysql databases (or at the very least 3 per a domain)
  • PHP 5.4 (essential), PHP 5.6 (essential) and PHP 7 (would be ideal to have)
  • MySQL (essential) with remote access (essential) and PHPMyAdmin capabilities
  • Don't care about email all will be forwarders

Who would you recommend?

UK Hosts or Hosting providers with UK based servers only please.

Thanks

D