How do I obtain the best audio sound with headphones?

CoolMarquis97
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Anything $200 and under. 

HD 558's HD 598's DT 990's AD700X AD900X Q701's

If you want to try something exotic, get a pair of Fischer Audio FA-011's

How do I obtain the best audio sound with headphones? I'm currently using the astro a40s with the mixamp on my computer. I have them connected by a digital out. Is this as clear and like the best surround sound I could obtain or should I not use the mixamp and go for a sound card. I am a complete newb when it comes to audio so any help is appreciated! 

-Thanks ! 

Get some "real" headphones

But if you don't want to stick with them them then get a DAC or sound card

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

How do I obtain the best audio sound with headphones? I'm currently using the astro a40s with the mixamp on my computer. I have them connected by a digital out. Is this as clear and like the best surround sound I could obtain or should I not use the mixamp and go for a sound card. I am a complete newb when it comes to audio so any help is appreciated! 

-Thanks ! 

No gaming headset will produce good audio, and you don't need a soundcard at all. There are better solutions for the money.

Is there any possibility of selling your current headset and buying a dedicated headphone/mic?

Get some "real" headphones

But if you don't want to stick with them them then get a DAC or sound card

What "real" headphones would you recommend/consider? 

Order of upgrade for audio:

Headphones > Source (ie DAC and Amplifier) > Listening Environment (ie a quiet room) > HQ files

Get rid of the mix amp it is terrible. And get a DAC.

What's the difference between a DAC and the mix amp?

No gaming headset will produce good audio, and you don't need a soundcard at all. There are better solutions for the money.

Is there any possibility of selling your current headset and buying a dedicated headphone/mic?

I mean this headset is more for consoles but since its the only thing I got I also use it for PC. If there is a better option for PC then I would be willing to shell out the money and buy it. 

as always you must say a budget, for 100$ those imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjVko_71B2M

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379801410&sr=1-1&keywords=shure+srh440

i bought them 3 days ago and i having been using them for almost 5 hours not taking them off and the sound quality is epic they are very confortable and my ears fit veeeery comfortable inside the cups

Just throwing out some random things that come to my head

Budget?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

What's the difference between a DAC and the mix amp?

I mean this headset is more for consoles but since its the only thing I got I also use it for PC. If there is a better option for PC then I would be willing to shell out the money and buy it. 

The mixamp is some garbage they include with the product to try and make it sound better.

If you can swing the cash both ways that's good. If not, you can sell the astro's, use some of the money to buy a crappy headset for the 360 and use the rest of the money to buy a nice headphone setup. I already listed a few general headphone recommendations.

Anything $200 and under. 

If you want to try something exotic, get a pair of Fischer Audio FA-011's

Well I took the advice I got here on the LTT forum's and bought the Fiio E10 DAC and the DT 990 250 OHM headphones and am glad I did, the sound is awesome for everything from general music listening to watching Youtube/internet TV to playing games like Skyrim, not cheap but worth getting the right gear for what's needed, next item up will be a mic.  

If you can afford it get the Fiio E10 DAC for improved sound for what ever headphones you get, Mayflower has given you a list of good headphones

Cry Havoc!

Reading the FAQ would be a good start.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers