Question About Windows 7 Key

NetifxSixteen

So the key that comes with a laptop, can be used to more than 1 computer?

I have this key and am thinking about putting 2 copies of windows 10 to 2 different computers.

Moreover, if i do that will the computers have privacy from its other?

What is mean is, will one user of the copy be able to "share/see" files from the other computer?

As long as you aren't using the key on another computer, it should work, even if it came from a laptop. I kinda lost you on the privacy part.

16 hours ago, huilun02 said:

No.

No. Computers are not telepathic.

Human twins are also not telepathic.

16 hours ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

As long as you aren't using the key on another computer, it should work, even if it came from a laptop. I kinda lost you on the privacy part.

I have kinda developed trust issues and i would like my machine to be as "closed" as possible.

I found that key and i was like "sweet a free copy of 10s", i though since they shared the same key there would be a way to communicate w/e nvm.

Thanks bois.

17 hours ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

As long as you aren't using the key on another computer, it should work, even if it came from a laptop.

Not going to work. Laptop keys are branded OEMs which are locked to first mobo they are installed on. Suggesting anything else is breaking Microsoft ToS hard.

17 hours ago, Rawity said:

If you clone the drives it'll work

That won't work either. Laptop drivers wouldn't work on any other mobo. And uninstalling them really doesn't work as some are hard coded with OEM OS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Not going to work. Laptop keys are branded OEMs which are locked to first mobo they are installed on. Suggesting anything else is breaking Microsoft ToS hard.

That won't work either. Laptop drivers wouldn't work on any other mobo. And uninstalling them really doesn't work as some are hard coded with OEM OS.

Weird I've been doing this for soon half a year, no issues

36 minutes ago, Rawity said:

Weird I've been doing this for soon half a year, no issues

Cloning laptop drive for desktop? Desktop -> desktop works no issues. Laptop drivers are not going to work well with desktop hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Reset the PC, downloaded desktop drivers