GPU keeps crashing

sirbonneville

about a month or so ago, i had this problem and everyone said that it was the graphics card so i filled out an rma, got the card today, went to valley benchmark and put it on ultra, got 45-60 frames for 5-6 minutes and it gave me the same

crash as before. it goes black, then blue, i can still hear the sound, and it says hdmi no signal. anything? 

Just now, Marcus Kemp said:

stop overclocking problem solved

i never overclock anything, and i havent overclocked this. however it is factory overclocked, is there a way i could turn its clockspeed down, and should i?

1 minute ago, sirbonneville said:

i never overclock anything, and i havent overclocked this. however it is factory overclocked, is there a way i could turn its clockspeed down, and should i?

no don't the problem is you are trying to push the card too hard try running it on high instead of ultra see if it crashes

Just now, Marcus Kemp said:

no don't the problem is you are trying to push the card too hard try running it on high instead of ultra see if it crashes

i wonder if thats it... let me try on high w/ no msaa 

5 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

please do

okay so, i put it on high and on medium with 2x antialising and it seemed to work, i had it for about 5 minutes (someone literally popped up at my door and wanted to talk about some investment branch??? ok) and i came back and it didnt die so let my try a game or two with no fxaa/msaa/antialising

okay i think that was it!!

i ran ryse: son of rome at high settings, 1920x1080, with a frame cap of 50, with 2x out of the possible 18x antialising and it ran for almost 9 minutes which is FARTHER then i have ever gotten it before. 

Downclock it about 100Mhz should do the trick.

Or you can make a new bios from the factory bios (Download a new version) make it 100Mhz lower at stock then overclock it again in MSI afterburner and it should be perfect.

14 hours ago, Lumaci said:

Downclock it about 100Mhz should do the trick.

Or you can make a new bios from the factory bios (Download a new version) make it 100Mhz lower at stock then overclock it again in MSI afterburner and it should be perfect.

dude you're awesome! i downloaded msi afterburner, downclocked it 150mhz, and downclocked the ram about 100mhz and it runs beautifully. ran the valley benchmark at 4x out of 8x antialising and ultra everything else for about 15 minutes, 50 fps avg. :D im going to try heaven 4.0 now