WetSandyBeast

Hi guys,

This is more a history than a build log, but anyway...

Back in 2011 my brother wanted a desktop pc, so instead of buying the cheapest thing available, he got mine, and that gave me an excuse to buy a new system.

I kept the case, a Cooler Master ATCs 840 (still my favourite case) and bought the following components:

i5 2500k
MSI P67A GD65
4GB Gskill 1600MHz
2x Radeon 6950 (flashed bios to 6970)
Cooler Master Silent Proo 850w
Zalman CNPS 10x

In 2012 I got tired of the Zalmans noise to keep low temps when in load, and bought a Corsair H100. Until February 2013 and after many cosmetic changes to the case and components, my pc looked like this (all pictures taken with Nokia N97, sorry):

22082012634_2.jpg

After a failed bios update, I replaced the GD65 for an Asus Maximus IV Extreme (dual bios and more space between graphics cards). So until August, this was my pc:

Image168.jpg

This summer I got REALLY tired of the graphics cards noise. So I had two options: Buy a new one with a silent cooler, or watercool the system.

I have so many older games to play (steam deals and stuff), that I don't need more graphycs power for a couple of years so... watercooling!!!

My rule was - As cheap as possible but with good looks, so this is what I came up with:

Phobya Balancer 250 silver nickel     
2x Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ 69X0     
6x Swiftech Helix fan PWM
Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-2 LT Silver     
12x 13/10mm (10x1,5mm) compression fitting outer thread 1/4
Phobya DC12-400
2x Phobya G-Changer 360 Ver. 1.2 Black

Also, the case had to be modded in order to fit two 360 rads, so here is the evolution of the WetSandyBeast:

Image187.jpg

Look! A removable motherboard tray!

Image197.jpg

Waiting for watercooling parts...

Image202.jpg

Starting to build.

Image204.jpg

I removed 3 of the 5 5.25" bays and the 6 HDD bracket to instal the front rad, than screwd a little plate to hold it.

Image211.jpg

I wanted to put my 3 hdd in the 5.25 bays with some adapters, but I couldn't get then on time, so I used the bottom fan holes to hold them in place with screws and foam tape to reduce the vibration.

Image212.jpg

Pulse Modding Reservoir Brackets.

Image223.jpg

I was planning to have the DVD drive as external, because I only use it to rip CDs (to flac) and play Morrowind, but since I found a better place for the HDDs, I've put it in the case.

Image227.jpg

SDDs love double sided tape.

Image247.jpg

The only difference between this and the finished build is no boubles in the reservoir and the tubing goes on top of the HDDs, not in the middle.

Image254.jpg

Another view.

Image267.jpg

The desk: WetSandyBeast, Dell U2713hm, Ozone Stryke keyboard (cherry mx black, portuguese layout), Steelseries Diablo III (Sensei) mouse with 8 year old Qck mouse mat, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD soundcard and Grundig CRT TV remote.

Hope you liked it, and sorry for the low quality photos. Any questions, please ask.

Awesome build, dude! Although the name "Wet Sandy" would've been a lot more hilarious :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Nice setup man thanks for sharing

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Looks very clean, Nice build also i love the desk with all the stuff on it would have been nice to have a pic with all the stuff turned on as well. =P

Looks very clean, Nice build also i love the desk with all the stuff on it would have been nice to have a pic with all the stuff turned on as well. =P

I had some pics with it turned on, but with really bad quality. I'll try to post one on Monday if I can.

Thanks

I like the carbon fiber a ton! Haven't seen anything like it before, also I don't really know why but I'm in love with the ribbon style GPU power cables.

As requested, here are some pictures of the WetSandyBeast turned on ;). The case is not painted just because I don't have a wide and dust free and cat free space to do it.

Image270.jpg

Image272.jpg

Image276.jpg

I don't have any lights for now. The CPU block as four holes for 3mm leds, so in the future I may try some in white

looks really good man! its amazing how watercooling gives a totaly diferent look and feel to a system!

well done! really like the placement of the drives and wc parts!

:P

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)