Wii U - Playing through monitor?

HutchisonSorbo

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19410

Looking at getting this for Girlfriend's rig as she'll be gaming but she also plays Wii U. Just wondering as I've never tried myself but could a Wii U work through the HDMI input with a speaker system plugged into the headphone out port? I'm not a console gamer so this issue is new to me.  :( Thanks and take care everyone.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I would assume so the hdmi will definitely work for the wii U and it would act like a tv with a speaker system so probably.

Yes, provided that the monitor supports the outputs that the Wii U has (which is most likely the case).

If your monitor supports audio out from HDMI in, then of course.

Mmm that's what I'm not too sure about, It's a simple problem really, just not one I want to second guess myself as she'll be laying down close to $1500 AUD for the system.  ;)

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Mmm that's what I'm not too sure about, It's a simple problem really, just not one I want to second guess myself as she'll be laying down close to $1500 AUD for the system.  ;)

I'm fairly confident about this. The monitor has HDMI listed as input and headphone audio out as output. Considering the average "headphone" uses the same connecter as the average speaker system, it should work fine. 

I'm fairly confident about this. The monitor has HDMI listed as input and headphone audio out as output. Considering the average "headphone" uses the same connecter as the average speaker system, it should work fine. 

I just went through with the keyword audio out and found this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1212&products_id=16558 it's not IPS but I guess I should play it safe because if it doesn't end up working through the IPS screen she'll kill me.  :o

I just went through with the keyword audio out and found this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1212&products_id=16558 it's not IPS but I guess I should play it safe because if it doesn't end up working through the IPS screen she'll kill me.  :o

Alrighty then! Good luck to you man and hope both you and your girlfriend are happy :)

Alrighty then! Good luck to you man and hope both you and your girlfriend are happy :)

Appreciate the help!  ;)