PC build

(cpu): 4790 i7 (gpu): gtx 980 (cpu cooler): evga acx (motherboard): gigabyte h81m (ssd): 240GB crucial (hdd): 1TB wd (ram): hyperX 1600mhz black (psu): evga p2 650w (fans) bitfenix spectre 120mm.

Is there anything i could change here? i want this to be a gaming and music production system and photoshopping system or is my specs fine the way they are?

1 minute ago, XdoniasRadeon said:

(cpu): 4790 i7 (gpu): gtx 980 (cpu cooler): evga acx (motherboard): gigabyte h81m (ssd): 240GB crucial (hdd): 1TB wd (ram): hyperX 1600mhz black (psu): evga p2 650w (fans) bitfenix spectre 120mm.

Is there anything i could change here? i want this to be a gaming and music production system and photoshopping system or is my specs fine the way they are?

I would switch out the GTX 980 with the R9 390X. They are about the same performance in DX11 while the 390X taking the lead in DX12. Also the 390X has significantly higher compute performance and a bit more VRAM, so it should help with your editing and productivity tasks.

EVGA ACX isn't a CPU cooler. xD

Are you picking dual channel kit or a single channel kit for RAM? How much RAM and what speed, voltage and latency?

Not sure about the quality of Crucial SSDs.

Everything else looks fine.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

if you can budget it out, get a k skew 4790k and a z97 board for lots more compute performance

13 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

I would switch out the GTX 980 with the R9 390X. They are about the same performance in DX11 while the 390X taking the lead in DX12. Also the 390X has significantly higher compute performance and a bit more VRAM, so it should help with your editing and productivity tasks.

EVGA ACX isn't a CPU cooler. xD

Are you picking dual channel kit or a single channel kit for RAM? How much RAM and what speed, voltage and latency?

Not sure about the quality of Crucial SSDs.

Everything else looks fine.

It is a cpu cooler http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-FS-C201-KR 

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

:S

You learn something new everyday.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.