Need help mounting CPU heatsync

Go to solution Solved by zereplim,

humm.. ok i found it on the web, yes it screws directly to the case, very weird/diferente.
My best advice is, if you can, buy a stock used cooler that is compatible with your motherboard and cpu, its cheap and it works just fine for normal use. Or you can fabricate an backplate... the option with "some nuts" dont now if that is a good ideia, it can damage the board due to apply force in a small area.

I've bought a Corsair Carbide Spec 03. I've just mounted my motherboard to it. I went to screw my CPU heatsync in and found that the screws weren't catching. So I unscrewed the mother board to find there's nothing to screw the heatsync to on the case. What do I do? I have no idea what my mother board is. Thank you. 

I think what I'll have to do is find some nuts that fit on the other side...

You're not supposed to screw the heatsink to the case.  Hmm?  Around the CPU socket should be 4 screw holes.  You should have a backplate in your heatsink box to put behind the motherboard so you can screw it in from the top.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

As Samfisher said. Youre missing a backplate to what ever heatsink you have. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

The case I took my motherboard and CPU and it's heat sync from had the heatsync put through the motherboard and screwed to the case directly. I also have no idea what Heatsync I have... But I've attached a photo of some numbered on it ahah. Thank you. 

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

You're not supposed to screw the heatsink to the case.  Hmm?  Around the CPU socket should be 4 screw holes.  You should have a backplate in your heatsink box to put behind the motherboard so you can screw it in from the top.

The case I took my motherboard and CPU and it's heat sync from had the heatsync put through the motherboard and screwed to the case directly. I also have no idea what Heatsync I have... But I've attached a photo of some numbered on it ahah. Thank you. 

image.jpeg

humm.. ok i found it on the web, yes it screws directly to the case, very weird/diferente.
My best advice is, if you can, buy a stock used cooler that is compatible with your motherboard and cpu, its cheap and it works just fine for normal use. Or you can fabricate an backplate... the option with "some nuts" dont now if that is a good ideia, it can damage the board due to apply force in a small area.

4 hours ago, zereplim said:

I've found a larger problem... The motherboard, heatsync, case and power supply are all custom to each other and only work with each other... In other words I need to buy a new motherboard, PSU and heatsync... Great. Thank you for your help.