Will this watercooling loop work?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
4 minutes ago, TestiezMachin3 said:

-SNIP-

Ideally I would recommend a tube res with a D5 unit if your aiming for silence since those mini pumps bay res' from XSPC are not the quietest thing. As for that setup it looks like it will not have any problems. 

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

I have a Corsair 600C coming, a 360 and 240 xspc rad, and 5ft long of black koolance tubing.

For now just my CPU will be connected to the loop, I did not get my 980 block yet. The

res/reservoir combo I have will be in the dual 5.25in bays. This is because the 600C has sound

dampening front door and it will look great when I open the door. Here is what I have so far-

n5njDSCl.jpg

So the pump will output directly to the 240 rad, then go out and to the cpu block, then go from the cpu to the 360 rad, then from 360 rad, back to the pump. Its a 750lph pump, http://www.performance-pcs.com/new-xspc-x2o-dc-750-dual-5-25-bay-res-pump-reservoir-combo-v4-black.html

Current rig :  |CPU: 2600K @ 4.8GHz|   |GPU: EVGA ACX GTX 980 @ 1.5GHz| |Ram: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X|   |Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Blue 500GB, WD Black 1TB|  |Motherboard: AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3|   |Cooler : Black Phanteks TC14PE (3 Corsair AF140s)|   |Power Supply : Thermaltake TPG-850M|  |Case: Phantom 410 Black|

I assume your question is "Will the loop work?" though you didn't state it in your post

In theory, yes. It is up to you to build it correctly.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

4 minutes ago, TestiezMachin3 said:

-SNIP-

Ideally I would recommend a tube res with a D5 unit if your aiming for silence since those mini pumps bay res' from XSPC are not the quietest thing. As for that setup it looks like it will not have any problems. 

Yes, it will work as long as the case supports those radiators. the only thing that matters as far as order goes is that the pump should come right after the res and since yours is a combo, you shouldnt have any problem. good luck!

Just now, HPWebcamAble said:

I assume your question is "Will the loop work?" though you didn't state it in your post

In theory, yes. It is up to you to build it correctly.

Hmm, thanks. The prototype I made seems to look right?

Current rig :  |CPU: 2600K @ 4.8GHz|   |GPU: EVGA ACX GTX 980 @ 1.5GHz| |Ram: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X|   |Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Blue 500GB, WD Black 1TB|  |Motherboard: AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3|   |Cooler : Black Phanteks TC14PE (3 Corsair AF140s)|   |Power Supply : Thermaltake TPG-850M|  |Case: Phantom 410 Black|

Just now, Mastafu said:

Yes, it will work as long as the case supports those radiators. the only thing that matters as far as order goes is that the pump should come right after the res and since yours is a combo, you shouldnt have any problem. good luck!

Thanks for the help, oh and the 600 supports the rads. I'll definitely come back if I run into any problems once I receive the parts during this week.

just make sure you have some 90 degree fittings and/or maybe some 45 degree fittings. it looks like you'll need them between the 240 and the pump/res

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yeah, I figured that. But the 600C has a sound dampened front bay door. I guess we'll see

3 minutes ago, Mastafu said:

just make sure you have some 90 degree fittings and/or maybe some 45 degree fittings. it looks like you'll need them between the 240 and the pump/res

Oh ok, I dont think I will have to. The tubing will go right through a huge empty 3.5inch drive bay.

corsair-carbide-clear-600c-inverse-atx-full-tower-chassis-review_21

is this your first custom loop? The first one I built, I got all the parts only to find out I couldn't bend my tubes without them kinking so I had to rush order some 90 degree fittings. just double check and then check again.

Just now, Mastafu said:

is this your first custom loop? The first one I built, I got all the parts only to find out I couldn't bend my tubes without them kinking so I had to rush order some 90 degree fittings. just double check and then check again.

Yes, my first loop. And first inverted case. I chose koolance tubing, it possibly may help. Im hoping this all works

35 minutes ago, TestiezMachin3 said:

contemplating a multiple block loop, that 750 will not survive. look to the DDC (12w better/18w best) or the D5.

the 750 has the flowrate, but not the head pressure to live with multiple water blocks.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-d5-dual-bay-reservoir-pump-combo-v2.html

bjB2hJq.jpg

or the tube res w/D5 pump: http://www.amazon.com/XSPC-Photon-Reservoir-Vario-Combo/dp/B00FJHFQ1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461036494&sr=8-1&keywords=xspc+photon+170+D5

170-1.jpg

using the tube res will shorten those loop routes making it cleaner and streamlined.

1 minute ago, airdeano said:

contemplating a multiple block loop, that 750 will not survive. look to the DDC (12w better/18w best) or the D5.

the 750 has the flowrate, but not the head pressure to live with multiple water blocks.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-d5-dual-bay-reservoir-pump-combo-v2.html

If I leave the system without a GPU block added, just a CPU block, will I be ok?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/featured-products/xspc-raystorm-cpu-waterblock-v3-intel.html

I have the whole setup on on its way, so its kinda late :( I can still buy a tube reservoir and d5 pump when I decide to get a GPU block then cant I?

8 minutes ago, airdeano said:

yes you can, just saves on spending money when you don't have to twice.

I bought 20 bitspower G1/4 3/8 1/2 compression fittings, raystorm cpu block, 1 xspc 240 rad, and one xspc 360 rad, all for $150. I try to save money when I can, I appreciate your guidance. I'll post my results later on in the week, the pump better not die :(