Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

zzz123

Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI,

So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not.
So listen.

Windows 10 get somehow broken.
First. When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows. Automatic repair started every restart of pc, every start of pc.

Next.When i was in Windows 10. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening.

Somebody with the same SSD Samsung Evo 850 get similiar issues and ssd was faulty.

Link:

www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2600057/samsung-850-evo-festival-problems.html

He said:
" From this point everything went to hell, and after multiple windows reinstalls here's some of what happens:
- Windows installs but errors immediately follows;
- Some windows updates install but eventually start failing until windows update fails completely;
- Windows installs, updates install but eventually windows fails to load and enters repair mode claiming startup errors;
- Programs stop working for no apparent reason, some examples: Browsers won't run, file associations disappear (class registration errors), explorer;
- Driver problems with peripherals,
- File system corruption errors;
- I got situations where the computer would get stuck in a reboot/system restore/repair loop
"

Its similiar issues.

That was similiar symptoms to my symptoms what i get before format. And he change ssd and issues are gone.

So thats mean i have faulty ssd or not necessary?

Also this is my smart , look and check:

image.jpg

Smart is fine, no errors in memtest86, and i have normal good SSD benchmark scores. Any ideas why i was get problems? Is this related to my SSD or more software cause?

not an SSD guru, but there's nothing wrong with RMA-ing your SSD,or maybe you should try installing windows 8.1 . i heard and i experience windows 10 as being the issue and broke a lot.

I don't know if you mentioned, but have you tried straight up wiping the thing and fresh installing?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Ah yes i formatted again and install fresh Windows 10 in GPT. And now is ok.  But i dont know why it happened before format. SSD fault or no?

I have the same ssd as you and everything is fine with windows 10 here. I would suggest to install the Samsung Magician Software and check the ssd health and run the performance test also.
I suspect it's something wrong with your windows installation. If you want you can run the command line: sfc /scannow

Edit: Ok just realized now that you no longer have this issue. Maybe some windows files went corrupted.  

Edited by zereplim

I uploaded Samsung MAgician HEALTH screen from SMART and all is fine.

SO what you think? COrrupt was because of ssd or software?

2 minutes ago, zzz123 said:

I uploaded Samsung MAgician HEALTH screen from SMART and all is fine.

SO what you think? COrrupt was because of ssd or software?

It's hard to tell, looking at the event viewer would help to understand if there were any hardware fault.
My guess is maybe software fault.

6 hours ago, zzz123 said:

"preparing automatic repair"

This can only happen when something is being installed and the PC Turned off/another thing is if your Overclocking and you encountered multiple BSOD but it should be able to repair it we got the same SSD my Windows 10 is Version 1151. I been having BSOD alot when i was Correctly Overclocking my G3258 and when i did the 2nd thing i did was Restore to Default my Windows 10 then ever since then i never got this problem again. Fresh installation it the Best Practice for me Just a heads up if i were your Keep your Drivers & Software Updated every week/month like me so that if ever you need to Reformat your PC/Laptop i Bet you that it will never take like 1~2 Hours of Work. 

6 hours ago, zzz123 said:

Windows 10. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening.

I have this issue when a friend of my Purchase a PC use it for Work and sometimes even the Start Button cant be press i think some kind of Software is interrupting and basically render the Windows Useless. the Fix i did on His computer is watch what Software he is installing, and right after he use it Double check that on startup it was Disable.

@zzz123 i would like you to practice a clean and organize windows usage, i mean generally double check if the site your visiting is safe. always scan flash drive/external drive when you use it else were, maintain your disk at full capacity to avoid data lost.

i been using a Computer in the past 10 years and the 1st drive i have rendered useless is my 180gb that was 6year old drive on my ever 1st PC. 

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

16 minutes ago, apacheprotocol said:

This can only happen when something is being installed and the PC Turned off/another thing is if your Overclocking and you encountered multiple BSOD but it should be able to repair it we got the same SSD my Windows 10 is Version 1151. I been having BSOD alot when i was Correctly Overclocking my G3258 and when i did the 2nd thing i did was Restore to Default my Windows 10 then ever since then i never got this problem again. Fresh installation it the Best Practice for me Just a heads up if i were your Keep your Drivers & Software Updated every week/month like me so that if ever you need to Reformat your PC/Laptop i Bet you that it will never take like 1~2 Hours of Work. 

I have this issue when a friend of my Purchase a PC use it for Work and sometimes even the Start Button cant be press i think some kind of Software is interrupting and basically render the Windows Useless. the Fix i did on His computer is watch what Software he is installing, and right after he use it Double check that on startup it was Disable.

@zzz123 i would like you to practice a clean and organize windows usage, i mean generally double check if the site your visiting is safe. always scan flash drive/external drive when you use it else were, maintain your disk at full capacity to avoid data lost.

i been using a Computer in the past 10 years and the 1st drive i have rendered useless is my 180gb that was 6year old drive on my ever 1st PC. 

But after format is ok. But now i have latest Windows 10 version. Before format with automatic repair issue i had previous version of windows 10 from november. That does matter?

So why it happened before format ( that automatic repair issue, i was able to boot to windows from restart from automatic repair screen. )

My pc is not overclocked.

9 hours ago, zzz123 said:

But after format is ok. But now i have latest Windows 10 version. Before format with automatic repair issue i had previous version of windows 10 from november. That does matter?

So why it happened before format ( that automatic repair issue, i was able to boot to windows from restart from automatic repair screen. )

My pc is not overclocked.

Every Windows OS has Bug/Error so i think they might be one of them hope some one can correct this.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB