New PC Plan - Need Recommendations

Yeon

I have been planning on building a new PC for almost a year now. I rarely use my home PC now as I am either at school or work the majority of the time. This May however, I will be graduating college and have a good amount of free time outside of work. I plan on doing an X99 build once broadwell-e launches this year (June from the rumors I've seen). I also am trying to hold out for the next line-up of GPUs to come out. I use my home PC mostly for gaming so I know an X99 system is going to be overkill, but I haven't done a PC build in almost 6 years now and am hoping doing this one will last roughly as long when it is complete. In addition to games though I do use Autocad, and Adobe Creative Suite programs from time to time. My plan is to run two (2) monitors, 144hz and IPS with the completed build. 

Even though it is not out yet I want to start picking up some components now rather than buying everything all at once and making my bank account super sad. I will be reusing my current case so no expense there.

Currently have a new EVAG 750W G2 PSU that I got on sale about 2 months ago that I plan on using.

Wondering if it is worth it to purchase CPU cooler, RAM, M.2 SSD and monitors in the next two months before broadwell-e launches so that then I only need to pick up the Mobo and CPU.

Also for a CPU cooler is a closed liquid cooling loop really worth it? I've been looking at EKWB Kits, but have seen mixed reviews on whether it is worth the upkeep. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

22 minutes ago, Yeon said:

Even though it is not out yet I want to start picking up some components now rather than buying everything all at once and making my bank account super sad. I will be reusing my current case so no expense there.

That'll be pretty hard to do without knowing the specs of the new components.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

The Broadwell-E hitting june are just rumors, there's for me a bigger chance of them not coming than coming at the estimated time.

Now for the build:

- great PSU.

- the ram prices are low now so if you are paranoid and think the prices might jump up you could buy now a 16 or 32 quad channel friendly set, but i don't think the prices will be going up.

- the cooler, no need to rush that much, wait till you get the CPU first.

- M.2 SSD's are great but are quite more expensive than conventional ones, but if you're going to buy one get an NVMe.

To sum it up I'd wait and make the full build once the new CPU's and GPU's hit if you're that patient, and if you use CAD and Creative suit a 32 gig ram set on an x99 platform would be perfect as opposing to a 16 gig set. Good luck!