How to setup hard drives?

mauza

I just got a server with two Xeon X5650s and 56GB of ECC memory off of craigslist. It has 4 drive bays which works well because I have 4 drives I wanted to put in there. I have 1 4TB RE Western Digital drive, 1 4TB Blue Western Digital drive and 2 3TB Blue Western Digital drives. I've heard good things about ZFS and wanted to try that out, but I really was hoping to get some suggestions about how to setup a raid or storage in general. I have plenty of ECC memory to keep up with it and I was planning on using ubuntu server as my operating system. Just for sake of giving more information, I've been using a small pc with random parts as my server for a while now and I've been slowly acquiring pieces to upgrade as good deals come along. I have an emby media server, mail server, owncloud server, webserver, mumble, mincraft and other scripts/crawlers running on there right now. I actually have not idea how I'm going to transfer my current system onto the new one either. I'm no expert, but I do love to learn and I want to develop better practices when it comes to servers and such. Thank you for your help/advice.