LED compatibility?

Okjoek
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
7 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Do All LED bulbs need a special lamp to be screwed into for them to work?

nah

most LED lamps have un-changeable bulbs so if the bulbs die, you have to change the whole thing

the LED bulb that allows you to screw in is just so people can replace the bulbs in their homes that is means for fluorescent so that they can be swapped easily to LED

I've been using the same desk lamp with first incandescent bulbs, then fluorescent bulbs because they got less hot and used less energy although costing a little more, now I'm curious about upgrading again.

I understand roughly what Light Emitting Diodes are and how they work having played around with them in Electronics courses in HS. If I understand the benefits and detractors are much the same with my last upgrade, but there's one thing I don't understand. I can look for "LED Bulb" in an online store and it looks like it would screw into any traditional lamp like mine. But when I look up LED lamp on Amazon it shows a lot of lamps that cannot have their bulbs changed. This has me confused. Do All LED bulbs need a special lamp to be screwed into for them to work?

7 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Do All LED bulbs need a special lamp to be screwed into for them to work?

nah

most LED lamps have un-changeable bulbs so if the bulbs die, you have to change the whole thing

the LED bulb that allows you to screw in is just so people can replace the bulbs in their homes that is means for fluorescent so that they can be swapped easily to LED

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

nah

Sweet, Thanks!