Linux software raid multi PC Windows 10 nas all in

Hi all, I would like to reconfigure what I have for improved performance / efficiency and in the process completely lose an xp machine running a mailserver and Linux machine webserver (both small fry).

Machine 1

i would like to create a (software?) raid1 machine to use as a nas and supply the only DVD rom on the network, with a vm for mailserver and vm for webserver and future scope to create a much improved router with wireless (as I believe I may have seen Linus on YouTube create?)

Machine 2

single screen back up game machine for multi boxing mmo or minecraft with the kids

Machine 3

Dual screen machine for gaming, editing, programming and general niff-naff. 

My only scope for budget is here for a cuda based nvidia gpu(although I can swap a gpu for the wife's as its cuda and beats the amd's(and she won't notice))

The software

1x win 10 pro

1x vista

ubuntu 14.04 server and desktop as required

the hardware

p8h67 mb with i7-2600k cpu 

crossblade ranger mb with a10-7850k cpu

ga-880gm ud2h mb with phenom II x4 965be cpu

ram

2x4gb corsair 1600mhz

2x4gb 1333mhz

4x2gb 1333mhz

Power supplies

500w novatech (2 pcie connectors)

500w unbranded

350w corsair

gpu

2x amd 6770 gddr5 (not sli)

1x amd 7770

hdd available

60gb ocz solid state

2x 1tb hybrid

4x 500gb

300gb

250gb

120gb

80gb

I have got this far (currently with 5 machines) and it's all a bit mis-matched. To be able to turn off 2 machines and improve my setup would be epic. Cases, monitors and peripherals are all accounted for and as good as unraid is I am certain my only way to complete this is with 'freebie-idiotproof-software' as much as possible. 

Thanks in in advance and keep up the good work at linusTechTips ?

Update

i have built machine 1 with the amd 965be and 3x2gb ram (1x2gb stick seems to be knackered). I have put ubuntu 14.04 server on it using 2x1tb hybrid discs in software raid and will set samba nas and webserver on machine as is. I have 2x500gb hdd waiting to go in and form another raid 1 with the thought of running owncloud on it. (Unbranded 500w power supply though)

I have built machine 2 with the i7-2600k, 8gb 1600mhz and amd 6770 gddr5 1gb with Ubuntu 14.04 and the corsair 350w power box. Os on a 120gb and a 500gb for local storage/games. 

Today, my aim is to finish machine 3 by installing win 10. I used the crossblade ranger with a10-7850, 8gb 1600mhz, 60gb ssd for os and 500gb for local games / storage and have put in the 6770 and 7770 as this is a dual display setup. 

Cable management however is atrocious, but that's because I have hugely reduced movement as it causes immense joint pain at the moment:( so I expect criticism when I upload pics:)