Coaxial cable internet wrong frequency

noisebomb44
Go to solution Solved by noisebomb44,
39 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

They used a wrench for it. 

It could also be that the coax cable is bad. Or something else entirely that I'm not guessing.

Ok, so i tried screwing the coax cable into my data port harder with pliers, no effect, then i tried screwing it harder into the modem, no effect, then i browsed the web on my shitty phone connection speed for about 1 hour, and found a manual from some wierd modem where they said that you could try factory resetting your modem, and it would maybe work, so i did it and nothing happened for about 1 minute after it restarted, then all of the sudden the modem got internet acces again and the peasants rejoiced

Thanks for all the help, it was a pretty scary thought to not have an internet connection over a weekend

So yesterday my internet stopped working, after calling support they said there was something wrong with the frequency of the signal going through my modem cable, 10 minutes later they told me that the problem was inside my house and not something wrong at their end, so they are going to come and fix it by monday, the problem is that its 4 days away from now and i would really like for it to work during the weekend, so i went out and searched for solutions but couldnt find any, does anyone know how to get the correct signal frequency when dealing with a Coaxial cable and some sort of converter shown in the picture below, or what could have gone wrong here

How my setup looks

4-4_docsis.png

Nätverkskabel = ethernet cable

F-kabel = coaxial cable

How the coaxial cable looks

4-4_fkabel.jpg

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Wow what? I have no idea how to troubleshoot that, but please ask them WHY it happens at let us know what they say. I didn't even know this was a thing.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Wow what? I have no idea how to troubleshoot that, but please ask them WHY it happens at let us know what they say. I didn't even know this was a thing.

The lady on the phone said she didnt really know anything about it except that there was a frequency problem and that she is sending an engineer over to fix it, i will try to write the answer to the problem here if i understand anything he does.

Seems like ill be without an internet connection at home untill monday then

Yeah this happened to me. Tightening the coax cable completely fixed it. I was apparently causing interference for most of my neighborhood, still trying to figure out how o.O 

6 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Yeah this happened to me. Tightening the coax cable completely fixed it. I was apparently causing interference for most of my neighborhood, still trying to figure out how o.O 

THANKS! you just saved my internet-less weekend if it works

i will try this when i get home, but i do actually remember this kind of thing happening before to me, but with our TV, although then it was hard to see what the electrician was doing to the cable.

2 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

i will try this when i get home, but i do actually remember this kind of thing happening before to me, but with our TV, although then it was hard to see what the electrician was doing to the cable.

Let me know how it goes :) 

10 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

This is roughly what happened with me http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26893014-Tech-Claims-There-s-Interference

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

Ok, so i tried to screw it in with my hands and it didnt move at all, what tool did you use? 

26 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

Ok, so i tried to screw it in with my hands and it didnt move at all, what tool did you use? 

It could also be that the coax cable is bad. Or something else entirely that I'm not guessing.

39 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Ok, so i tried screwing the coax cable into my data port harder with pliers, no effect, then i tried screwing it harder into the modem, no effect, then i browsed the web on my shitty phone connection speed for about 1 hour, and found a manual from some wierd modem where they said that you could try factory resetting your modem, and it would maybe work, so i did it and nothing happened for about 1 minute after it restarted, then all of the sudden the modem got internet acces again and the peasants rejoiced

Thanks for all the help, it was a pretty scary thought to not have an internet connection over a weekend