PC won't post after inserting wlan pcie card

I have a s5000psl server board with windows 8.1 installed. I'm trying to set up a wireless connection, however I'm having trouble:

When I insert the wlan card into the correct slot, the lights will turn on (wlan card), but pc will boot but not post...screen stays black

When I remove the wlan card, the pc will boot and post, but then I can't insert the wlan card while the pc is on because the pc will freeze up/shut off.

I have a installation disc, but the pc will not read it..

Side Note: The installation disc doesn't seem to be able to be read. It's not the usual disc size either...It fits in the smaller center of the disc drive.

Possible Answer?: Maybe if I'm able to install the correct drivers for the pc to read the wlan card, the pc will be able to post and recognize the wlan card?

PS: I made an internet connection via Ethernet cable after configuring the correct ip....so computer can connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable, but that will stop all other wireless devices I need to use :\

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

IMG_2405.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Drivers make no difference during post. Post is all UEFI. I personally think the card simply isn't compatible but I guess either the card or the slot on your board or the cPU could be broken. Do you have a second machine where you could try the card.

And never install/uninstall cards while the machine is powered! PCI-E is not hotswappable. Of course it will crash. Might well have done permanent damage too.

1 minute ago, Naeaes said:

Drivers make no difference during post. Post is all UEFI. I personally think the card simply isn't compatible but I guess either the card or the slot on your board or the cPU could be broken. Do you have a second machine where you could try the card.

And never install/uninstall cards while the machine is powered! PCI-E is not hotswappable. Of course it will crash. Might well have done permanent damage too.

Hmm...I'll try all the slots possible then.

I don't think it did any damage seeing as how everything still runs and the card wasn't allowing the pc to post before I tried the swap. However, I will make note because no one wants that. :(

I don't have a second machine, but i'll find one.....sigh. what a bummer.

I just don't see how a wlan pcie card would stop a pc from posting after booting??