First Build Feedback

Hello all,

I am a first time computer builder. I plan to use this to edit photos and videos as well as playing games like Bioshock, TF2, Garry's mod etc. I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on it? Also if I had a couple dollars extra ($30-$40) to spend on it would it be beneficial to get the gtx 750 ti FTW instead of the 750 ti SC, or would the difference be negligible? I was originally planing on getting a smaller case to save a little money like the Fractal Design core 1100, but with its small inside, if I ever wanted to get a bigger gpu, I don't know if it would fit with all the cables other bits. I will most likely be getting a large storage hard drive for storing videos and photos in the future.

Thank you for the feedback,

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KTcyD3

3 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

Hello all,

I am a first time computer builder. I plan to use this to edit photos and videos as well as playing games like Bioshock, TF2, Garry's mod etc. I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on it? Also if I had a couple dollars extra ($30-$40) to spend on it would it be beneficial to get the gtx 750 ti FTW instead of the 750 ti SC, or would the difference be negligible? I was originally planing on getting a smaller case to save a little money like the Fractal Design core 1100, but with its small inside, if I ever wanted to get a bigger gpu, I don't know if it would fit with all the cables other bits. I will most likely be getting a large storage hard drive for storing videos and photos in the future.

Thank you for the feedback,

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KTcyD3

hold up. Micro atx components in an atx case?

nah.

try this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VrzHVn

1 minute ago, Bigheart said:

is its main use going to be editing or gaming? if editing, upgrade that cpu to something like an 8350 

if gaming buy the most expensive graphics card that you can afford. 

y u do dis! 

this is budget build, it should be able to be an ALL IN ONE.

A 400 dollar setup isnt going to encode 8k videos or Crysis 6 on max settings 8k as well in the near future,

also futureproofing does not exist.

1 minute ago, josephaltareb said:

hold up. Micro atx components in an atx case?

nah.

try this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VrzHVn

Hold up. Spending more on the case than the CPU? Nah.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($138.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($35.00 @ MicrosoftSoftwareSwap) 
Monitor: Acer G237HLbi 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 
Keyboard: AZIO L70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($22.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $687.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-06 23:53 EDT-0400

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Hold up. Spending more on the case than the CPU? Nah.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($138.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($35.00 @ MicrosoftSoftwareSwap) 
Monitor: Acer G237HLbi 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 
Keyboard: AZIO L70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($22.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $687.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-06 23:53 EDT-0400

oh,

but intel cpu in a budget build...

2 hours ago, josephaltareb said:

y u do dis! 

this is budget build, it should be able to be an ALL IN ONE.

A 400 dollar setup isnt going to encode 8k videos or Crysis 6 on max settings 8k as well in the near future,

also futureproofing does not exist.

i typically know what i am going to be doing with something, if it leans more to work than play or vice versa. i like to build in a way that will complement what sorts of stresses ill be putting on a system. just one of many philosophies my friend. 

4 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

oh,

but intel cpu in a budget build...

It'll still do better than a quad core 860K. However, I'll admit that if your priority is editing and you don't care about gaming too much, then an octacore AMD CPU would be a much better choice. If you want to prioritise gaming, then Intel would be the much better choice.

However, the better upgrade path lies with Intel.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I want a computer that can mainly edit but can still play a few games at fairly good fps. Right now I am playing and editing on a 2009 imac that is extremely slow. Is amd better for editing than intel?

• I reccomend you go skylake. You will have much better future compatability and a much better upgrade path. You will be giving up a true quad core to a dual core with hyoerthreading, but the overall preformance will be comparable or better 
  • I reccomend a 950 over a 750ti. There is not a massive price gap and my 750ti is well too slow for me. 
  • I switched you back down to mATX. For you it will be fine. I doubt that you will need more room in the near future. You also save money. 
  • The 500b is significantly better than the 430m 
  • i switched to a similarly priced 27" monitor. 
  • I reccomend that you get a cheap mouse and keyboard combo unit for now and then save up for a premium mouse and a mechanical keyboard. Maybe a CM Storm Devetator or a cheap Logitech Combo for now and then a Steelseries Rival 300 and a Azio MGK1

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vznNJx
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vznNJx/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($63.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($144.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($86.49 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: AOC e2752Vh 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($149.99 @ Best Buy) 
Keyboard: AZIO L70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($21.95 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $741.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-07 00:37 EDT-0400

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133