What are some trustworthy computer scrap buyers?

I have this pile of old computer parts from the turn of the century that I need to get rid of. Unfortunately, we don't have Free Geeks here in Florida, and I can't find anywhere else that buys computer scrap, so I've look online to see who's buying. CashForComputerScrap seems like the most promising, but I want to know if there's anyone else who's sold to them, or if there's another website that I should use.

if its junk (as in, not applicable to any kind of modern system) i doubt you're gonna make a decent buck either way, best bet may be flipping it on ebay or the like for junk prices.

could also take a look trough it and inventorise everything, maybe there are some rare pieces of kit in there people may give some money for.

or hey, no one's telling you you cant patch them up and sell them as "true retrogaming PCs" for a two digit price :P

Just now, manikyath said:

if its junk (as in, not applicable to any kind of modern system) i doubt you're gonna make a decent buck either way, best bet may be flipping it on ebay or the like for junk prices.

could also take a look trough it and inventorise everything, maybe there are some rare pieces of kit in there people may give some money for.

or hey, no one's telling you you cant patch them up and sell them as "true retrogaming PCs" for a two digit price :P

OK. I mean, nobody in their right mind will try to use this stuff, but it's worth a shot. I have a Pentium 4 that's 3 times large than today's 6700k.

2 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

OK. I mean, nobody in their right mind will try to use this stuff, but it's worth a shot. I have a Pentium 4 that's 3 times large than today's 6700k.

P4 + mobo + some ram (even if its one stick) thats in working condition => $15 or so

test the power supplies, and flip them for $10 or so if they're shady, if they're good quality ones you could ask a bit more.

the cases are basicly scrap metal, if anything i'd try to flip them along with the cpu/mobo/ram combo's for a few bucks extra.

make sure to give hard drives a good wipe before selling them, and along with optical drives and floppies.. charge a few bucks depending on how "modern" they are. (you'll probably encounter IDE DVD drives)

keep the cables for yourself, sata cables are sata cables no matter how junk they are, IDE cables make great extension cords for personal projects (oh, and raspberry pi, if you want to flip them make sure they dont have a pin cover in one of the pins and brand them as "raspberry pi GPIO extension cables" thats 5 bucks right there.)

if you end up scrapping the cases, fish out the front IO and sell the parts you find in there as a bunch (once again, raspberry pi branded?) "switches, leds, audio jacks, usb ports" for a few bucks for 10-20 pieces.

--

that said, thats from what i know of belgium, where second hand stuff not sold by overpricing idiots is quite rare.

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

can you post a picture of this large pentium 4? I think that may actually be an intel pentium pro.

thats what i meant with the rare stuff. if you search long enough you'll find a collector that'll toss some money at it.

1 hour ago, CUDA_Cores said:

can you post a picture of this large pentium 4? I think that may actually be an intel pentium pro.

Trust me, it isn't a Pentium Pro. It's a Pentium 4 SL4SC.