OCZ Trion 150 vs PNY CS1311

Which one is more reliable ? I want to buy OCZ Trion 150 but I read that OCZ has a bad reputation. PNY CS1311 has better reviews on amazon but has a lower  benchmark score.Is the difference noticeable if I am not transferring data? Which one is a better option. 

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/OCZ-TRION-150-240GB-vs-PNY-CS1311-240GB/m79817vsm68424

8 minutes ago, MoonKnightBlack said:

Which one is more reliable ? I want to buy OCZ Trion 150 but I read that OCZ has a bad reputation. PNY CS1311 has better reviews on amazon but has a lower  benchmark score.Is the difference noticeable if I am not transferring data? Which one is a better option. 

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/OCZ-TRION-150-240GB-vs-PNY-CS1311-240GB/m79817vsm68424

I like the TRION 150 best in my opinion.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

Just now, VoyexTech said:

I like the TRION 150 best in my opinion.

Have you ever used it? I am worried about it dying on me.

Just now, MoonKnightBlack said:

Have you ever used it? I am worried about it dying on me.

I have a friend who does and his works fine. No issues with it

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

meh, they're both planar TLC NAND - I'd search for something else, something with MLC NAND

Edited by zMeul

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

meh, they're both TLC NAND - I'd search for something else, something with MLC NAND

Are they more reliable? I need an SSD for my laptop's OS.Can you recommend any good MLC NAND SSD?

10 minutes ago, MoonKnightBlack said:

Are they more reliable? I need an SSD for my laptop's OS.Can you recommend any good MLC NAND SSD?

if you have the $, buy a Samsung 850 EVO - it's 3D V-NAND

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

if you have the $, buy a Samsung 850 EVO

I like you how call out TLC and then recommend a TLC based drive. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

if you have the $, buy a Samsung 850 EVO - it's 3D V-NAND

Is it worth 28$ more?

Also is it more reliable ?

3 minutes ago, MoonKnightBlack said:

Is it worth 28$ more?

Also is it more reliable ?

IMHO, no, it's not worth the extra money and yes it is more reliable, but it doesn't actually matter. All modern SSDs are so reliable that it basically doesn't even make a difference anymore. And unless you're writing terabytes of data constantly (and to another equally fast device) the increased speed of the 850 Evo isn't even noticeable. What's really noticeable about an SSD that makes them seem fast is the latency (which again, on most modern SSDs are all very similarly low).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

23 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

IMHO, no, it's not worth the extra money and yes it is more reliable, but it doesn't actually matter. All modern SSDs are so reliable that it basically doesn't even make a difference anymore.

Which one would you pick between OCZ Trion 150 and PNY CS1311 ? 

2 minutes ago, MoonKnightBlack said:

Which one would you pick between OCZ Trion 150 and PNY CS1311 ? I won't be transferring any files, I only want to use it for games,OS and google chrome.

Whatever is cheaper, they are both fine.

8 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

Whatever is cheaper, they are both fine.

Both of them cost 60$, I want to buy  OCZ Trion 150  but I am worried about it dying on me as OCZ has a reputation for failing. 

23 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

IMHO, no, it's not worth the extra money and yes it is more reliable, but it doesn't actually matter. All modern SSDs are so reliable that it basically doesn't even make a difference anymore. And unless you're writing terabytes of data constantly (and to another equally fast device) the increased speed of the 850 Evo isn't even noticeable. What's really noticeable about an SSD that makes them seem fast is the latency (which again, on most modern SSDs are all very similarly low).

I won't be transferring any files, I only want to use it for games,OS and google chrome.Which one do you recommend between   OCZ Trion 150   and PNY CS1311 ?

17 minutes ago, MoonKnightBlack said:

I won't be transferring any files, I only want to use it for games,OS and google chrome.Which one do you recommend between   OCZ Trion 150   and PNY CS1311 ?

Either is fine, both are pretty similar. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I like you how call out TLC and then recommend a TLC based drive. 

that's not planar TLC, that's 3D stacked TLC at 40nm+

huge difference

I don't recommend planar TLC because of the cell voltage drift, the smaller the cells the faster the performance degrades

he wants to spend money on a SSD that will go to read speeds as lower (or even lower) than a HDD .. fine by me, I gave an advice

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

that's not planar TLC, that's 3D stacked TLC at 40nm+

huge difference

I don't recommend planar TLC because of the cell voltage drift, the smaller the cells the faster the performance degrades

he wants to spend money on a SSD that will go to read speeds as lower (or even lower) than a HDD .. fine by me, I gave an advice

That's a valid point, however the vast majority of people aren't going to be copying large amounts of data to or from their SSD frequently. Nor are they likely to be copying the aformentioned data to anything other than an HDD (internal, external, or over a network). So while the read/write speed isn't nearly as good, it doesn't really matter anyway since it's highly unlikely that the other components (drives) can keep up regardless.

If you're someone who's doing serious editing/rendering or just copying data between SSDs all day long, then something like an 850 Evo is no question worth paying almost double for, but for the vast majority of people the only factor that truly matters is the latency. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler