Basic Build ?!?!?!?

Talia_meh

I have an idea for a basic build like for everyday work, but is this a good starter workstation???

Hardware list:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 "Clocked Speed:3.3 GHz" Dual Core Skylake.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 82.9 CFM sleeve 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A LGA1151 Socket

Ram: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133

Hard Drives: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120gb 2.5", 1TB Western Digital Blue.

PSU: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze certified PSU

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid tower case 

This build cost in total: $338.85 USD

Base Total: $368.85 USD

Hard drive question: Should i get a 1tb Western Digital Blue 

For basic everyday things like watching movies, typing papers, etc this build would be perfectly fine. But as a workstation? I don't know. What are you planning on doing with it specifically?

Also the WD blue drives are some of the best.

Just now, Sanderman135 said:

For basic everyday things like watching movies, typing papers, etc this build would be perfectly fine. But as a workstation? I don't know. What are you planning on doing with it specifically?

Also the WD blue drives are some of the best.

I'd like to complete @Sanderman135's answer.

WD Blue drives are great for day-to-day use, for instance browsing. Storing pictures etc.

WD Black drives are more for performance.

WD Green drives are more power efficiënt and will live longer than Blue drives if you're not going to use it for storing games and lots of Read/Write operations then this one will be fine as well.

With this system i planed to edit video since me and my group of friends want to start on youtube. 

3 minutes ago, Talia_meh said:

With this system i planed to edit video since me and my group of friends want to start on youtube. 

A blue/green drive would be fine, unless you are going to do high or ultra HD (4K) Rendering at high bitrates and stuff, then you would better go with a Black for the performance.

3 hours ago, Talia_meh said:

Welp then i would go for those build

Please don't listen to fags who say you cant video edit on pentium

yes it will be harder because slower rendering and stuff but doable

I video edited on my pentium before as well.

Instead of skylake get a G3258 so you can overclock and get higher clock speeds

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QLRYpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QLRYpg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus B85M-G R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($65.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($28.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($35.89 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.64 @ Directron) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $338.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-05 19:26 EDT-0400

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Just now, Talia_meh said:

the problem is that unless your really hardly planning on upgrading the cpu isnt a good choice.

it has no hyper threading so you only have 2 logical cores. the amd 4 cores would be way faster

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Just now, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

for video editing the amd's are better. you simply have no hyper threading. the anniversary (highly overclocked) might be faster in some games (if you can get them started with 2 cores) but for video editing its slower

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

1 minute ago, ChrisCross said:

the problem is that unless your really hardly planning on upgrading the cpu isnt a good choice.

it has no hyper threading so you only have 2 logical cores. the amd 4 cores would be way faster

Looking at the end-price I'm shure he's on a low budget, he doesn't have a GPU anyways.

This would work perfectly fine as I do render video's for friends myself on my G3258 @ 4.7 GHz and it never bothered me as I would do it over midnight anyways.

3 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

for video editing the amd's are better. you simply have no hyper threading. the anniversary (highly overclocked) might be faster in some games (if you can get them started with 2 cores) but for video editing its slower

True if you want to video edit go get a athlon-860k

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I'd like to note that my G3258 Bottlenecks my R9 270 but still runs GTA 5 at medium 60 fps well enough :)

Just now, tv15dsi said:

Looking at the end-price I'm shure he's on a low budget, he doesn't have a GPU anyways.

This would work perfectly fine as I do render video's for friends myself on my G3258 @ 4.7 GHz and it never bothered me as I would do it over midnight anyways.

im sure you can do it but the amd is faster

Just now, tv15dsi said:

I'd like to note that my G3258 Bottlenecks my R9 270 but still runs GTA 5 at medium 60 fps well enough :)

its ok but for editing its just slower

Just now, ChrisCross said:

im sure you can do it but the amd is faster

Maybe it could be usefull if you told us what 'the amd' cpu is that you're talking about xD

2 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

That clock speed is higher then a 6700k i7 

2 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

Maybe it could be usefull if you told us what 'the amd' cpu is that you're talking about xD

If the cpu is good and at a good price range i will take any advice 

athlon x4 485 with the new cooler so he saves money on the aftermarket one. for display you can basically use a usb adapter or any ebay cheap gpu

That clock speed is higher then a 6700k i7 

Yeah, a stock i7-6700K
The pentium still sucks compared to that beast due to his dual core vs the quad core and unlike the i7 no hyperthreading, lower caches and just older architecture.

5 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

athlon x4 485 with the new cooler so he saves money on the aftermarket one. for display you can basically use a usb adapter or any ebay cheap gpu

athlon x4 485 i could just throw in a gtx 750 

Since i have a spare cheap gaming system with a gtx 750 in the system that i might not use it anymore. I could just throw it in to the build???

thats good you could do video acceleration

2 minutes ago, Talia_meh said:

AMD FX-4300 Maybe?

Clocked at 3.8GHz, 4 Cores on the AM3+ Socket

Around ($ 87.55, European calculation)

FX-4300 I might buy in to it since it's a 20 bucks into the total price build 

Just now, tv15dsi said:

AMD FX-4300 Maybe?

Clocked at 3.8GHz, 4 Cores on the AM3+ Socket

Around ($ 87.55, European calculation)

problem is that its 32nm an only 200mhz faster. i would really go for the 28nm just for the cooler alone. also mobo on fm2+ are cheaper

problem is that its 32nm an only 200mhz faster. i would really go for the 28nm just for the cooler alone. also mobo on fm2+ are cheaper

I'm not a AMD CPU/ AMD socket expert, never used before, never will. Just an opinion :)

Though thank you for telling, this could be usefull later good on mate!