Hi All,

I recently upgraded my router (Archer D9) and wireless adapter in my PC (Archer T9E). I have set up the 5Ghz channel to be 44 with 40Mhz width. However my PC is still only using .11n not .11ac.

Could this be because of range? I am one floor above but the router is directly below me and I get full signal strength on both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

do the 2.4ghz ana 5ghz have different ssid?

because if it has the same it will not necessary connect to the one you want

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

You may be able to force the wireless mode to AC Only on the router side.  Make sure that the drivers were not automatically installed by Windows and install them from TP-LINK via the website or, if you have too, the disk (if applicable).

What do you use to verify what networking speed you are using?

12 hours ago, bodyboarder03 said:

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my router (Archer D9) and wireless adapter in my PC (Archer T9E). I have set up the 5Ghz channel to be 44 with 40Mhz width. However my PC is still only using .11n not .11ac.

Could this be because of range? I am one floor above but the router is directly below me and I get full signal strength on both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

If you are definitely connected to the 5GHz SSID rather than the 2.4GHz one (do they definitely have different names?) it should be AC.

What do you mean when you say 'However my PC is still only using .11n not .11ac.' ? Where does it tell you this? 

Almost as cool as my temps