White Out Build - Analysis Please!

Hi, been years since I've built a PC and not sure if I'm making a big error here. I'll be custom sleeving everything, but didn't include that in my build link.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rq2Vt6

- I'm building around a Acer Predator x34 monitor, planning on running at 75hz and want to maintain around 60fps on High or Ultra settings for AAA games.

- Other hard requirement is the white/black color scheme. This really limits my options, but think I everything is good quality.

- Decided not to go with a PCI-E SSD due to pretty low real world benefits in loading games.

- Will be getting a 2nd enermax fan for the CPU cooler and using PWM splitter to plug into single CPU fan port (think amps are okay here with just 2 fans)

Aye looks good. RAM is a bit overkill but if you know you need it then you need it.

That GPU brand though? I would REALLY want to go with someone more reputable. I may be wrong but KFA sounds like one of those wonky Chinese brands. In my opinion stick to Gigabyte, EVGA, ASUS, MSI, Zotac or Saphire. Maybe a couple of others I cant remember off the top of my head.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

1 minute ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

That GPU brand though? I would REALLY want to go with someone more reputable. I may be wrong but KFA sounds like one of those wonky Chinese brands.

Ugh I know, I'm pretty warry about it but it just looks so awesome.

KFA2 is a UK company, and also known as GALAX (which was formerly Galaxy). Very confusing!

3 minutes ago, zeusthunder369 said:

Ugh I know, I'm pretty warry about it but it just looks so awesome.

KFA2 is a UK company, and also known as GALAX (which was formerly Galaxy). Very confusing!

Yeah... I mean if the price is right and you like the looks go for it, I may have spoken a bit too soon there are reviews of the KFA2 HoF card on a couple of pretty reputable sites (Guru3D Tomshardware, Kitguru etc). Just my kneejerk reaction to a small brand I dont recognise is to not recommend them. Especially recently with the spat of "fake" cards popping up on eBay.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

1 minute ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Just my kneejerk reaction to a small brand I dont recognise is to not recommend them.

I'm the same way, if I see some brand I've never heard of before I typically dismiss them outright

1. 860w is too much, get something like evga supernova gs/g2/p2 650w (unless u plan to go for an SLI soon)

2. Don't go for fans with LED since the LED's are not worth the performance, rather get a LED strip for the lightshow

3. Swap the 850 pro for an evo, pretty much the same performance for less money

1 minute ago, zeusthunder369 said:

What do you think about these fans? http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140HP2.html

Hmm phanteks is a reputable brand and I consider them good, but to be sure I'd make another topic asking for them and/or suggestions for some black/black and white/white fans!

(I don't have any experience with phanteks fans, sorry :( )

1 hour ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Yeah... I mean if the price is right and you like the looks go for it, I may have spoken a bit too soon there are reviews of the KFA2 HoF card on a couple of pretty reputable sites (Guru3D Tomshardware, Kitguru etc). Just my kneejerk reaction to a small brand I dont recognise is to not recommend them. Especially recently with the spat of "fake" cards popping up on eBay.

I guess you don't know who 8Pack is ? 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8Pack