If 4G is too slow for you, how about 5G?

snowComet

4G on mobile is already fast enough for me buy 5g and higher would be great on data equipped laptops. I would pay top dollar to be able to be able to do that without tethering as that murders cell battery

My phone is 0gbecause it doesn't support the internets

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I swear someone made 5g the day after the first 4g phone was released... As a concept

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

One day we will turn green with all the high energy waves we will be exposed too

See this is a good idea on paper, but knowing the Telcos in the US, something like this would be slow to adopt, cost way too much and be buggy as hell when it comes out.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

4G, get ready for 5G? Wait... What's 3G? Yup... Still on good ol' 2G here... Or GPRS, or whatever it's called. Where's ma mobile internet that's 10 times faster than my broadband at!? In fact, where's my broadband that's at a decent speed and is reliable!?

Its not very surprising to be honest, it was pry 4-5 years ago when they demo'd 1.2 Gbps to a moving vehicle. I believe that was for LTE-A, but don't really remember the details other than it was in Finland.

Verizon is rushing on AWS installs with fiber to the antenna, so in a few years when that is all integrated the biggest bottleneck they will have is the ISP's backhaul going to the towers... not really something they can control. They had the same issue this year where most of the LTE sites couldn't be fired up because they were waiting for fiber to the tower site.

So in a nutshell, start blaming ISP's rather than Cell companies.  :P