Looking for a small laptop

rufee

Hey guys.

So i am looking for a small laptop that would be good for web browsing, server monitoring, programming, HD video playback.

It needs to be small like an asus eee pc and a good battery life is preferred (not sure if atom can handle a lot). I dont have much cash to spend on it so i'm going to buy one used.

What would you guys recommend that would be in the price range of an eee pc ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Problem is when you go "small" you have to pay extra for the smallness. :) I find 14" a excellent tradeoff on size, performance, as you can still get a decent CPU in them, and portability. Dell and HP had decent ones. Alienware had a good one as well, but not sure how cheap you find that one, even used. Maybe one a few years older.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

10-13" is the small i am talking about.

I already have a 17" laptop that i use as a desktop replacement when i need to. What i need is an ability to carry it around with my everywhere (as you can tell a 17" doesn't fit anywhere)

Well actually what i am looking for is a netbook, preferably an eee pc from Asus.

Used or new does not matter it should be under 200$.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Problem is when you go "small" you have to pay extra for the smallness. :) I find 14" a excellent tradeoff on size, performance, as you can still get a decent CPU in them, and portability. Dell and HP had decent ones. Alienware had a good one as well, but not sure how cheap you find that one, even used. Maybe one a few years older.
http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m14x-r2/pd

you mean this one

Something like - alienware has made that and an 11" - I am not pushing alienware by any means - just they were one of the few who have been making 14" laptops for a little while, so may be able to find an older one, used...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99