Power Load Balancer

danoedel97

Hi guys,

Once again I have no idea what I'm doing and am turning to this wonderful community for help.

I have a gaming rig that eats A LOT of power. In game, under load it hits the 700w mark.

My job gave me 2 battery backups. both are good until about 500w. Is there a device I can use(or make?) that will balance the 2 to give me one steady stream of protected power to my PC?

What would this device be called if it is feasible? 

I talked to some guys at the local hardware store about this and they looked at me like I lost it, so I wonder if any of you have any knowledge of this.

I live in an area with tons of electrical problems, so it would make sense to utilize the UPS's. 

In case you need to know. I live in the USA. And use standard American power. 110v 60Hz

Thanks for the help guys.

1 minute ago, danoedel97 said:

Hi guys,

Once again I have no idea what I'm doing and am turning to this wonderful community for help.

I have a gaming rig that eats A LOT of power. In game, under load it hits the 700w mark.

My job gave me 2 battery backups. both are good until about 500w. Is there a device I can use(or make?) that will balance the 2 to give me one steady stream of protected power to my PC?

I talked to some guys at the local hardware store about this and they looked at me like I lost it, so I wonder if any of you have any knowledge of this.

I live in an area with tons of electrical problems, so it would make sense to utilize the UPS's. 

In case you need to know. I live in the USA. And use standard American power. 110v 60Hz

Unfortunately that is not possible if the system itself draws 700W. What components do you happen to have though since a UPS only needs to be powerful enough to power the components not not always larger than the PSU itself. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Unfortunately that is not possible if the system itself draws 700W. What components do you happen to have though since a UPS only needs to be powerful enough to power the components not not always larger than the PSU itself. 

I have:

3930k (Overclocked to oblivion)

2x 780tis (Also OC'ed very high)

32gb of Dominator Platinum ram

2 SSDs

3tb WD black

1200w Corsair PSU

7 minutes ago, danoedel97 said:

Hi guys,

yes what i would do, is remove the batteries from one and add them to the other, so it has double the ammount of potential storage! but this is about as far as you go unless you use a transformer, which well just wont work

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

1 minute ago, jameshumphries47 said:

yes what i would do, is remove the batteries from one and add them to the other, so it has double the ammount of potential storage! but this is about as far as you go unless you use a transformer, which well just wont work

I phrased this poorly.

There are 2 stand alone UPSs'

They both max the throughput at 500w. ( Thats them acting as a passive surge protector, not on battery power)

As soon as I put a load on one them (Like launching a game) It beeps because I am drawing 700w of power. Over-torquing it.(or whatever the phrase for that is)

So what I want to do is plug both of the UPSs' into the wall, so they each have 500w potential.(equaling 1000w of surge protected output, in theory) 

Then take this load balancer thing I am looking for, plug it into both UPSs' to combine the 2x500w. and connect my PC into the other end of the load balancer thingy so that I have 1000w overhead.

1 minute ago, danoedel97 said:

I phrased this poorly.

There are 2 stand alone UPSs'

They both max the throughput at 500w. ( Thats them acting as a passive surge protector, not on battery power)

As soon as I put a load on one them (Like launching a game) It beeps because I am drawing 700w of power. Over-torquing it.(or whatever the phrase for that is)

So what I want to do is plug both of the UPSs' into the wall, so they each have 500w potential.(equaling 1000w of surge protected output, in theory) 

Then take this load balancer thing I am looking for, plug it into both UPSs' to combine the 2x500w. and connect my PC into the other end of the load balancer thingy so that I have 1000w overhead.

dont know if one exists i guess you could wire two plugs to a socket, but i dont know how safe that would be....

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

21 minutes ago, danoedel97 said:

I have:

3930k (Overclocked to oblivion)

2x 780tis (Also OC'ed very high)

32gb of Dominator Platinum ram

2 SSDs

3tb WD black

1200w Corsair PSU

Yeah that would be over the capabilities of a single UPS but there isn't a way to double the capcity or spread out the load of the system to the two UPS's. The UPS being too small during max loads will trip the over current protection when going in battery backup if the load is too much for it to handle. 

The only option really is to have a larger unit for a system like that. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Yeah that would be over the capabilities of a single UPS but there isn't a way to double the capcity or spread out the load of the system to the two UPS's. The UPS being too small during max loads will trip the over current protection when going in battery backup if the load is too much for it to handle. 

The only option really is to have a larger unit for a system like that. 

Alrighty, thanks for the help.