A Android Gaming PC!???

We All Know Android Is One Of The Best Constantly Maintained And Modded Version Of The Linux KERNEL. But As We Know It's Been Limited To Phones And Tablets. What About Pc's?. Well There Has Been A Version From KIckstarter Titled "REMIX OS" And Waddya Know It Runs Straight Up Android 5.1.1 Lollipop And Is Better Than Ever. But Is It Good For Everyday Tasks Or Even Gaming On A Budget?

The Simple Answer Is Yes, I Recently Installed The Operating System And Its Just Like The Perfect Combo Between MS NT And Chromium's Own Linux KERNEL. The Update Has Actual Windows That Can Be Worked With And Switched Whenever. It Feels Nice And Fimiliar To Use But How About Gaming And Apps?

Well You Need To Install GAPPS To Use Play Services.Its Removed As Some Countries Prohibit Google (Which Is Horrible Thing To Do)  And Viola Apps And Games. If You Have 8GB Of RAM Like I Did It Is Like Using A Pro Rig And Is Lagless. So No Worries There.

But If You Like Simple Games Its For You

1-1.png

11 minutes ago, 2018cnaumann said:

SNIP

Remix has been covered loads of times on the forum, its really cool

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That just looks like ChromeOS to me.

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

I think Android is better on smartphones. Android on PC just doesn't seems right.

congrats, you just re-re-discovered the re-invention of the wheel.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 11:23 AM, RedWulf said:

congrats, you just re-re-discovered the re-invention of the wheel.

So, I tried it out, and it's actually really awesome. Being able to use Android apps in a desktop environment is really fun. I just wish I could figure out a way to use Wine with it, so I could run my Windows programs on it. If the were possible, I'd get rid of Windows altogether.

35 minutes ago, JoePro87 said:

So, I tried it out, and it's actually really awesome. Being able to use Android apps in a desktop environment is really fun. I just wish I could figure out a way to use Wine with it, so I could run my Windows programs on it. If the were possible, I'd get rid of Windows altogether.

Which applications? some have android alternatives. Regardless the android kernal is very different from the typical linux build, I don't think its like enough to run wine. Have you thought about an android VM or Bluestacks on a windows machine? 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

16 hours ago, RedWulf said:

Which applications? some have android alternatives. Regardless the android kernal is very different from the typical linux build, I don't think its like enough to run wine. Have you thought about an android VM or Bluestacks on a windows machine? 

Yeah, I can't stand Bluestacks. Idk what it is about it...maybe how bloated it is? Anyway, as far as what I'd like to run, native Windows programs. Games, OBS, having full driver support would be nice. Remix OS has quite a way to go before it's fully polished, but give it time, I think they can work wonders with it.